ESPN+ Bill Connelly Preseason SP+ projections: Ranking all 130 FBS teams

Honest question, to you and everyone else here: How good do we think Wisconsin is, right now?

I just watched "highlights" of our overtime loss to them in Madison. We should have won that game; and the 2020 Gophers were not a great team.

Is Wisconsin worthy of being feared these days?
2020 Wisconsin was not a great team.

You're right. And neither were the 2020 Gophers.

We really should have won that game. Re-watch it and see if you agree.

What I'm wondering is: how will the two teams stack up against each other in 2021? Judging by 2020, we should be pretty even with them.
We had our chances, for sure. Wasn't trying to say we had no chance.

Just think Wisconsin had a really weird year, like we did, and a lot of teams did.

Honest question, to you and everyone else here: How good do we think Wisconsin is, right now?

I just watched "highlights" of our overtime loss to them in Madison. We should have won that game; and the 2020 Gophers were not a great team.

Is Wisconsin worthy of being feared these days?

If I remember correctly, they had a bunch of guys injured/out with COVID for Axe week. So the overall body of work might be more representative of what to expect than our game against them.

I agree with your position on the whole, but have been burned underestimating the skunks too many times.

If I remember correctly, they had a bunch of guys injured/out with COVID for Axe week. So the overall body of work might be more representative of what to expect than our game against them.

I agree with your position on the whole, but have been burned underestimating the skunks too many times.
I thought that was us with a bunch of players out.

If we're competitive with the Badgers when both squads having subpar seasons, then hopefully we can be competitive with them in a season when both teams are riding high.

As others have said... the Gophs aren't getting to the "promised land" until they can handle Iowa and Wisky. Until that happens, Fleck will be suspect.

Iowa and Wisky are not at all scary offensively. They’ll try to pound the ball, they’ll be lacking in big time wrs and great QB play. If we play solid defense and don’t make big mistakes those games are winnable.

If we're competitive with the Badgers when both squads having subpar seasons, then hopefully we can be competitive with them in a season when both teams are riding high.
Well ... 2019.

Here's to hoping we get back to that, and beyond, in 2021!

Top Bottom