ESPN: Big Ten's biggest assistant coaching moves this offseason (Rutgers: Jerry Kill)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Jerry Kill, offensive coordinator, Rutgers: The Scarlet Knights averaged just 13.4 offensive points per game, last in the FBS, and were shut out four times in Big Ten play. A major overhaul was needed, and head coach Chris Ash scored a coup by luring former Minnesota head coach Kill out of retirement. Kill insists that his epilepsy is under control, and hopefully he'll be better able to manage his condition without all the pressures and requirements that a head coaching job brings. He's still going to have a ton of work to do to right this ship, beginning first and foremost with finding and developing a quarterback.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...oaching-moves-of-the-big-ten-offseason-so-far

Go Gophers!!

Finding and developing quarterbacks were certainly not his strengths at Minnesota.

Jerry's Gopher team was never very strong or balanced offensively.

No doubt he can recruit a bit and help build a program but offense... I duno.

Funny they called it a coup.

will also be called a coup when they fire ash mid-season in 2018 and replace him with Kill?

First rule of D1 head coaching: never hire your replacement as a top assistant if you're job security is not fantastic

Wonder if he'll coach from upstairs away from the constant camera coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will also be called a coup when they fire ash mid-season in 2018 and replace him with Kill?

First rule of D1 head coaching: never hire your replacement as a top assistant if you're job security is not fantastic

I don't get why this would be seen as a coup either. I guess I never equated Kill with being a great offensive mind. He was a solid head coach but our offense under Kill wasn't exactly a thing of beauty and they did a terrible job recruiting and developing QB's during their time here.

I don't get why this would be seen as a coup either. I guess I never equated Kill with being a great offensive mind. He was a solid head coach but our offense under Kill wasn't exactly a thing of beauty and they did a terrible job recruiting and developing QB's during their time here.

As much as I liked what Kill did to revamp our program from the "ashes," I would have to agree with the above comment.

Everything is a coup.

I got coffee this morning.

Total coup!

Now that his name is not linked directly to the W-L record, watch Kill unleash some high tech passing offense.:)

You need to acknowledge your source, Joseph Stalin, to avoid copyright infringement. [emoji57]

Top Bottom