ESPN: Big Ten Week 7 Power Rankings (#9. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Here is what ESPN thought about our chances at Maryland:

Unanimous selections:

Iowa over Purdue

Maryland over Minnesota

I was at the game and through three quarters, it was all Gophers. That running quarterback killed us at times but thank God for true freshman Antoine Winfield Jr.! I see a huge upside for this young man!

Would not have predicted we'd be above Michigan State.... and still be that low in the rankings.

Maybe there should be some empty spaces at 5 and 6 since Penn St at 5 seems kinda absurd.

Would not have predicted we'd be above Michigan State.... and still be that low in the rankings.

Maybe there should be some empty spaces at 5 and 6 since Penn St at 5 seems kinda absurd.

Michigan State is clearly the surprise of the conference to this point in regards to how poorly they have played. The Big Ten is especially top heavy this year with OSU and Michigan looking to be in a class of their own, Wisconsin and Nebraska in the next tier and then a big cluster of teams in the next group followed by the quartet of Maryland, Illinois, Purdue, and Rutgers easily bringing up the rear.

The fact that Penn State is #5 shows where the dropoff starts because we saw first hand that they are nothing special. If anything Indiana might be worthy of that 5 spot as they have looked solid against both Nebraska and Ohio State.

NW getting too much credit for beating an average Iowa team and a really down MSU team IMO. It's like they've forgotten they lost to a bad FCS team.

NW getting too much credit for beating an average Iowa team and a really down MSU team IMO. It's like they've forgotten they lost to a bad FCS team.

Northwestern plays better as year goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of bad teams in the league this year. Purdue comment "it could be worse," written on the same day they fire their coach midseason.

Northwestern plays better as year goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the defense gives up to many points and I don't expect the offense to keep scoring like they have. The next three games will show how much their offense is for real.

Top Bottom