ESPN: Ben Utecht: From the NFL to Nashville

Good for Ben. I sang a tenor solo once....tenor twelve miles away and solo that no one could hear me.

The only memory of Ben Utecht's voice I have is him singing Backstreet Boy's songs drunk on one knee to a girl in my dorm hallway.

Do I smell a National Anthem singing at TCF in the future?

Very impressive. I've heard many times that he could sing, but with celebrities and athletes that usually means they don't stink as bad as you'd expect. Utecht actually has an exceptional voice.

Thank you. That makes me feel much better about the scenario.

Singing Backstreet Boy's songs drunk on one knee was Utecht go-to move back in college (and perhaps still is). A good question for all to answer is, What is/was your go-to move?

I always like kicking a girl in the shins, like you would on the playground when you were in 2nd grade. They never expect it coming from a 35 year old, are usually pretty pissed when you do it, but quickly warm up to you when your buddy (who must be aware of your move) explains to them that is what you do when you like a girl. I'd say this works 85% of the time, but just in case I suggest wearing shin pads. Sometimes they kick back.

:cool02::cool02:

I am happy for him, he does not need any more concussions. I think he had two serious ones if I remember.

Top Bottom