ESPN: B1G spring position outlook: Defensive line (Sleepers: Michigan and Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Sleepers: Michigan and Minnesota

The Wolverines replace both of their starting defensive ends from last season in Frank Clark and Brennen Beyer, though Clark was dismissed from the team before the season ended. Michigan should be in very good shape at defensive tackle with Willie Henry, Bryan Mone, Ryan Glasgow and Chris Wormley, and it could be Taco Charlton's time to shine at defensive end. New defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin had players on the front four gain weight this offseason in anticipation of possibly some more 3-4 looks this fall.

Minnesota lost two starters in tackle Cam Botticelli and Michael Amaefula, but remember the line dealt with some early injuries last season and still excelled. Defensive end Theiren Cockran returns, along with promising rising sophomore Steven Richardson at tackle, while Scott Ekpe and Alex Keith are back from their injuries. The Gophers like their depth here, too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/116127/b1g-spring-position-outlook-defensive-line

Go Gophers!!

Should be a good group. Super excited to see what Elmore does as a soph.

+1 He should be able to make a big jump just from getting spring practice reps and the full fall practice. Last year, he was at tight end until after the open fall scrimmage. Not to mention about 25 more pounds of muscle being added to his frame since the start of last year.

I think this defense has a chance to be very special and great in relative terms to the U. I think the pass rush will be very good but my X factor is the ability to stuff run plays. If we can man up vs spead offenses in the run game I trust the rest of the D to play at a very high level.

Top Bottom