ESPN B1G Blog Preview

I didn't think it was that far off. Not flattering, but at this point, there's not much to be flattering about.

I think this team surprises some people and I think it wins a game or two that most are not expecting. All that goes away, however, if they withstand a major glut of injuries like they have in recent memory. A relatively healthy season would be nice to see, and really judge where things are at right now.

"He spent last year being redshirting, then not, then battling for the starting spot." Brutal sentence.

I thought it was funny how she said the big ten is a big two-little ten conference right now with Michigan and Ohio State and then the rest. Biased much? Most people put Michigan in a category with Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and maybe Michigan State going into the season. For evidence, just go look at the USA Today preseason poll. Sorry, Michigan is not on Ohio State's level on the field right now. It seemed weird she snuck that into a Gophers preview.

I thought it was funny how she said the big ten is a big two-little ten conference right now with Michigan and Ohio State and then the rest. Biased much? Most people put Michigan in a category with Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and maybe Michigan State going into the season. Sorry, they are not on Ohio State's level on the field right now.

I think it was just a chance for her to write something about Michigan in another team's preview. It was a very unneeded paragraph. Other than that, leaving Kirkwoodland out of the Key returnees part, and not including the Wisconsin game in the Biggest games part, it wasn't too bad or far off.

How often do you see 2 QB's listed under "Key Losses" and another QB listed as a "Key Returnee"?

Here is a recap...

,,,Kill,,,,,redshirting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Michigan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nelson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry, I ran out of time. I probably missed a few dozen commas.

i'm pretty sure a 5th grader could've written this... yuck

and there is no chance this year that we see a big 2 little 10 arrangement. mich could lose quite a few games this year unless gardner and the D is solid

Time to declare 5-loss Michigan a powerhouse. Especially because they needed a miracle deep pass to beat Northwestern, a last second FG to beat MSU, and barely survived Air Force.

/sarcasm

I'm embarrassed for ESPN, even more so than usual. Thanks for leaving our squad's preview in the hands of a Michigan fan. Well done, boo-yahs.

They could have contacted me and I would have written them up a more cogent and accurate piece in 30 minutes. I honestly would have appreciated it if ESPN just lied to us and made up some fictional staff writer, rather than hand this off to a rival school's blogger.

Schnauzer nails it on the 'key losses' issue with QBs, but how in the hell are Ralis and D.L. Wilhite not key losses to the D (2nd leading tackler and leader in sacks, respectively). Nitpicky, sure - but it speaks to the larger issue we're all groaning about.

I'm embarrassed for ESPN, even more so than usual. Thanks for leaving our squad's preview in the hands of a Michigan fan. Well done, boo-yahs.

They could have contacted me and I would have written them up a more cogent and accurate piece in 30 minutes. I honestly would have appreciated it if ESPN just lied to us and made up some fictional staff writer, rather than hand this off to a rival school's blogger.

Schnauzer nails it on the 'key losses' issue with QBs, but how in the hell are Ralis and D.L. Wilhite not key losses to the D (2nd leading tackler and leader in sacks, respectively). Nitpicky, sure - but it speaks to the larger issue we're all groaning about.

Nailed it!

Probably putting on her makeup while she was writing it. The media from top to bottom in most cases is the Gophers worst nightmare.

Big two little eight when neither Ohio State (2009) or Michigan (2004) has won a conference title in the last three years???

No real comments on the capsule - really didn't say much.

But for what it's worth (perhaps nothing), she's originally from Minnesota.

Top Bottom