Eslinger makes SI.com's all decade team

Its a good thing we fired the line coach that turned this under sized kid into an all time great linemen.....

some great names on that list.

is eslinger doing anything in the league?

some great names on that list.

is eslinger doing anything in the league?

He was with Denver for a few years, but is not any longer IIRC. I haven't seen him turn up anywher else.

He was with Denver for a few years, but is not any longer IIRC. I haven't seen him turn up anywher else.

If I remember he had a fairly nasty hip injury that kept him on IR for almost 2 seasons, and Denver finally let him go. I'm pretty sure he is now out of the NFL

The thing that I thought was so amazing about Eslinger is he was constantly pulling and moving all the way out around the line and laying a block downfield on someone. What was so amazing about that was he had to beat Lawrence Maroney to the end of the line to effectively lay down the block for him. He obviously wasn't as fast as Maroney but he was very quick and there were many times he was able to lay a crushing block down on the linebacker or safety who would have made the tackle for a small gain. With that tackler out of the way Maroney (or Barber) were able to spring some big gains.

Kudos to Eslinger - he deserves this honor and is one of the best offensive linemen that the Gophers ever had!!

Top Bottom