Eric Decker

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Any news about him playing baseball this year? Since he's coming back for his Senior year, I'm assuming he wants a Big Ten Championship? Due to all his injuries suffered this past football season, do you think it's a good idea for him to play baseball?

I would think that Eric would want to rehabilitate and get stronger during the offseason and NOT play baseball to get ready for his last season of football!

Any news about this?

What do you think?

Two problems with the thought as I see it,

First you'd be assuming he sees his future as a football player. If he sees it as a baseball player then by your reasoning he shouldn't play football next year.

Secondly, I'm not sure baseball has a net negative impact on the body. I'd be inclined to believe it'll strengthen it rather than break it down. He shouldn't take too many hits.

He will never play above high-A ball. He's a good B10 baseball player, but not great. He is CRAZY if he doesn't pursue the NFL after next season. Who wants to ride a bus for 10 hours and make $1,000/month if you can catch on with an NFL team and make $20 million in 8-10 years and retire at age 32-33?!?!?!

He will never play above high-A ball. He's a good B10 baseball player, but not great. He is CRAZY if he doesn't pursue the NFL after next season. Who wants to ride a bus for 10 hours and make $1,000/month if you can catch on with an NFL team and make $20 million in 8-10 years and retire at age 32-33?!?!?!

You have no idea how good a baseball player Decker is or will be. You also have no idea how well Decker will do in the NFL. He might not make it through one camp.

As for me, I only know that he's a pretty good college WR.

IF Eric makes it as an NFL player he will not be a super multi million dollar a year kind of player. Does not have top, top speed.

My advice, get an education, enjoy the moment, not some make believe sort of future, and play whatever games you want. With an education you will always have options.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a look into the NFL to see where he stands, and I'm sure if a team is throwing a fat contract he will take it. My gut feeling has always been he will end up playing pro ball (how far he makes through the minors, no one knows).

You have no idea how good a baseball player Decker is or will be. You also have no idea how well Decker will do in the NFL. He might not make it through one camp.

As for me, I only know that he's a pretty good college WR.

After this season he would have probably been picked in about the 3rd-4th round. It is probably too optimistic to believe that he could be drafted higher than late in the 2nd round if he has a good senior season and the 3rd round seems more likely.

If those draft round predictions are correct, he would very likely make it through at least one camp. It is extremely rare to cut a player in his first year that is drafted in the top 3 rounds or even the 4th round. Rounds 5-7 are the ones that generally have to compete to make the team.

Top Bottom