Eric Decker - Syd'Quan Thompson matchup

Muench, "Decker does not time his jumps well and does not high-point the ball as well as expected."

To me this statement discounts his entire analysis. There have been many times that I've noted how good Decker times the ball and how often he has come down with the ball in a crowd. You can't do that unless you have great timing. If someone wanted to criticize Decker about jumping, it might be how high. He has good height, which makes it a little harder to judge, but I don't think he's an elite leaper.

Muench, "Decker does not time his jumps well and does not high-point the ball as well as expected."

To me this statement discounts his entire analysis. There have been many times that I've noted how good Decker times the ball and how often he has come down with the ball in a crowd. You can't do that unless you have great timing. If someone wanted to criticize Decker about jumping, it might be how high. He has good height, which makes it a little harder to judge, but I don't think he's an elite leaper.

I agree. Plus, his body positioning is what really sets him apart. He does the subtle things to keep himself between the ball and the defender.

Seconded. That is one of the things he does best. He isn't extraordinarily tall, and probably can't jump as high as some receivers, but he comes down with the ball a majority of the time. He must be doing something right.

I'll add to the group that agrees with you 100%

Top Bottom