End of Tenn. NC game

awful. the big10 crew is doing a good job though.

NCAA needs a clock run-off like the NFL. This *@#$ is ridiculous.

I wish there was a way for both teams to lose. Horrible play on both sides.

Make a suggestion for ESPN The Magazine's "New Year, New Rules" issue, which, judging from the amount of promotion ESPN has given it this week, is the greatest piece of literature in the history of the universe.

You guys are crazy. This game is great... it's what bowl season should always be!!!

Agreed. The offensive team should never be able to make an illegal play to stop the clock with one second left.

Awww, WTF? I had things to do so I turned it off after UNC turned it over on downs near the end of regulation.

Nice to see Bray give the double handed throat slash to the North Carolina bench after tying it up in OT and then on the sideline crying like a little be-otch after throwing the interception. And then he tops it off by not even trying to go shake hands.

Tennessee looked classless and horribly undisciplined out there. I'm glad they lost.

There are two things that need to be resolved:

1) No illegal play to stop the clock;
2) Change illegal procedure to a "take the play". In the CFL, they let the play go and "offense beware".

How many times do you see a team get sacked/throw an incompletion on a IP? Why do offenses get a "reward" for f-ing up? End it now.

2) Change illegal procedure to a "take the play". In the CFL, they let the play go and "offense beware".

How many times do you see a team get sacked/throw an incompletion on a IP? Why do offenses get a "reward" for f-ing up? End it now.

False Start is the only penalty that fits this. You think if someone false starts the defense should get a free run?

Awww, WTF? I had things to do so I turned it off after UNC turned it over on downs near the end of regulation.

Can someone explain what happened?

I just read espn on the game and the NFL would have done the same thing. Only a false start has a run off of 10 seconds if there are no time-outs left. The spike kills the clock.

Agree. Doesn't the referee have to signal that the ball can be snapped? Did that happen?

Between the Tennessee/UNC game and the KSU/Syracuse game we had a glorious return of one of my personal favorite acronyms! IBTO!!! (Incompetent Big Ten Officials).

The IBTO's are back in FULL FORCE in time for bowl season...good to know some things NEVER change.

What a complete embarrassment. A hardly noticeable salute in the KSU game is 15 yards and Tyler Bray giving the double throat slash to the UNC bench is nothing? I agree that Tennessee is completely undisciplined and Derek Dooley is a bit of a trainwreck on the sidelines, however, they should have won that game in regulation.

Too many players on the field does not stop the clock. The ball was snapped and spiked with one second left. Penalty was assesed for too many players on the field on the ensuing play.

Good call, exciting finish.

Too many players on the field does not stop the clock. The ball was snapped and spiked with one second left. Penalty was assesed for too many players on the field on the ensuing play.

Good call, exciting finish.

Having not seen the play, they got it right by college rule. The only question I have is if UNC was substituting the Officials should have never let them snap the ball until the Defense has a chance to match-up.

Enforcement correct, rule absolutely gonzo crazy WRONG. Gotta change that stupid rule. No way Carolina should have been rewarded for that meltdown at the end.

UNC should have been given another 15 yards for the hit after the whistle on the second-to-last play of regulation.

I don't think either of those programs is going anywhere despite very good recruiting.

Top Bottom