Encouraging win but .....

frannyjunk

Reaction score
Looking at all the W's the Gophers have put up ...

Oregon St - currently 2-5
Indiana St - 4-5
Colorado St - 4-5
Maryland - played their 2nd string, true frosh QB
Rutgers - played their new QB starting his 1st game
Illinois - played their 3rd string QB

I guess this means that the Gophers beat the teams they should beat, and have lost against better competition (Penn St & Iowa). Purdue game will be tougher than most will expect (not playing against backup QB anymore), but I anticipate UMN eek out a W. Nebtrska will be a very good test.

There's always a few in every group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait just a doggone minute. Now that I look at it, this appears to be a soft schedule. Had I known that prior to the season starting, I would have expected more from this team.

Indiana St - 4-5
Colorado St - 4-5

I guess this means that the Gophers beat the teams they should beat, and have lost against better competition (Penn St & Iowa). Purdue game will be tougher than most will expect (not playing against backup QB anymore), but I anticipate UMN eek out a W. Nebtrska will be a very good test.

Did you see Purdon't today? I'm guessing they fold the tent early but must admit I thought the same thing when we played Yuckgers and I was wrong. Hopefully we score early and often and it is a cake walk.

Don't be such a Debbie Downer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PcGwkyzmPmA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think most of us on this sight figured 7-8 wins. Well , they're are on track to reach those numbers. I'm still sticking with 7 wins.

When I read "Perdon't" I almost choked on the beer I was swallowing! Never heard that before, funny!

Did you see Purdon't today? I'm guessing they fold the tent early but must admit I thought the same thing when we played Yuckgers and I was wrong. Hopefully we score early and often and it is a cake walk.
Yuckgers? More like Buttgers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don't be such a Debbie Downer

Are we now resorting to name calling? I thought Gopherholers were above this sort of behavior.

Gophers should win against Purdue next week putting them at 7-2. If the team is fully healthy after the Purdue game, the NE trip will be interesting. Gophs played Penn St and Iowa without Hardin and Buford. NE game, I hope, is close ..... but I watched their game against Wisconsin last night. NE looked awfully good. But they play tOSU next. That will be a physical game and may end up "softening" NE some for the tilt with the Gophs.

Indiana St - 4-5
Colorado St - 4-5

Any longtime Gopher fan should feel good about this 4-game streak. Too many times past the Gophers would blow a game against a hapless team like Indiana, usually with some really bad defense, just when the season was getting interesting.

We knew we had a soft schedule coming into the year so Im not sure what the problem is.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

This is pretty much what we expected with our schedule isn't it? At least we've taken advantage of it for the most part. These last 3 games are the measuring stick. Go 2-1 and it's impossible to say this is anything but a very good season.

This is pretty much what we expected with our schedule isn't it? At least we've taken advantage of it for the most part. These last 3 games are the measuring stick. Go 2-1 and it's impossible to say this is anything but a very good season.

Exactly. We don't need to apologize for the schedule, it is what it is. Given who we have played to this point we should have at least 7 wins right now and we do. As you say, the last 3 will really determine how we view the season. At this point it is tough to see us beating Nebraska or Wisconsin on the road but anything can happen.

Ah no. If you go back and look, most people thought we should beat Penn St and Iowa was more of a toss up. 2-0 or 1-1 was the consensus, 0-2 definitely was not. This team should be 8-1 or 9-0.

Get over it and cheer for your team a$$hat

Ah no. If you go back and look, most people thought we should beat Penn St and Iowa was more of a toss up. 2-0 or 1-1 was the consensus, 0-2 definitely was not. This team should be 8-1 or 9-0.

Most people are idiots. Penn State (while overranked in my opinion) is a top 20 team at the minimum. My initial comment should have read "this is pretty much what we should have expected right?"

Top Bottom