Emoni Bates to MSU

GopherBlood777

Reaction score
Committed earlier today, any chanches he actually plays CBB?

No chance he plays. Kid is an incredible talent and will make some serious cash in the G league.

As a fan of college hoops more than the NBA, I hope this guy gets to Michigan State. It would make them awfully good and a pain to try beating, but I grow tired of all the d riding Duke and Kentucky get when top specs go there. Michigan State isn't ever going to be someone's underdog (like Oklahoma State, Washington, LSU or whatever other non-traditional power gets a superstar frosh) but they rarely bring in the 'One-and-Done' types.

I've always found Izzo to be a bit overrated as a coach, but I actually think he's a good fit for a kid like this. I tend to think he's not going to baby the kid or give him any special treatment, which, for a kid who has been hyped as the best prospect since LeBron, I'd be surprised if there isn't some entitlement creeping in either from him or his 'camp'.

As a fan of college hoops more than the NBA, I hope this guy gets to Michigan State. It would make them awfully good and a pain to try beating, but I grow tired of all the d riding Duke and Kentucky get when top specs go there. Michigan State isn't ever going to be someone's underdog (like Oklahoma State, Washington, LSU or whatever other non-traditional power gets a superstar frosh) but they rarely bring in the 'One-and-Done' types.

I've always found Izzo to be a bit overrated as a coach, but I actually think he's a good fit for a kid like this. I tend to think he's not going to baby the kid or give him any special treatment, which, for a kid who has been hyped as the best prospect since LeBron, I'd be surprised if there isn't some entitlement creeping in either from him or his 'camp'.
Izzo is not overrated

Top Bottom