Eliason vs. Dawson

WadeHokenson

Reaction score
Just a relatively random question I was thinking about at the game tonight:
Why is it that Dawson (despite red-shirting) dressed for most of the games early in the season while Eliason was in dress clothes for game one already?

And, did Dawson ever get ruled ineligible last season or was it just that they officially decided upon him redshirting midway through the season and that's why he didn't dress anymore?

Thanks.

Dawson redshirted last year. He is not redshirting this year, I did not know that Dawson dressed last year - don't know why.

Assume EE is redshirting this year. He did not play in the last exhibition?

I think it was more of a numbers thing last year. The frountcourt was pretty thin with TM and RW.

Dawson redshirted last year. He is not redshirting this year, I did not know that Dawson dressed last year - don't know why.

Assume EE is redshirting this year. He did not play in the last exhibition?

Exhibitions aren't games for NCAA purposes. Therefore EE played in all 3 games in Canada and the 2 exhibition games without using any eligibility.

Eliason only played in the first exhibition game. I think the feeling was that they would rather utilize players who could help them during the regular season.

Dawson hasn't played in the past two games and it is difficult to see him getting much playing time with the Gophers' frontcourt depth.

Chris Monter

Top Bottom