Eddie Van Halen Has Died at 65

Oh man! Loved early Halen. One of the great guitar players ever. RIP

He was amazing and they were one of the truly great rock bands ever.

RIP Eddie you were one of the Five Best Guitars Players of all time, Easily!

Was insanely jealous him because he stole her from me -

1602017980199.png

Holy shit. That's terrible. RIP, Edward.

Is "Eruption" one of the most recognizable riffs ever laid down? It's gotta be close

Holy shit. That's terrible. RIP, Edward.

Is "Eruption" one of the most recognizable riffs ever laid down? It's gotta be close

Today's a day a man ought to walk into a music store, pull down the pointiest guitar and play Eruption until the owner kicks your mulleted ass out.

R.I.P. Edward

" The news was confirmed by his son Wolfgang. "I can't believe I'm having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning," he wrote on Twitter. "He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift. My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever fully recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop."

Van Halen’s health woes began in 2000 when he was treated for tongue cancer. Initially, the guitarist, who traditionally didn’t talk about his well-being, would only admit to having undergone an outpatient procedure to prevent cancer. He later revealed that a third of his tongue was removed in surgery and was declared cancer-free in 2002.

That status would not last forever. The cancer returned in 2011, this time spreading to his esophagus. Soon afterward, the musician was forced to have emergency surgery due to a severe - though unrelated - case of the digestive disorder diverticulitis.

"Cancer is like a cockroach," Van Halen once opined to Howard Stern. "It just comes back stronger..
"

Read More: Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65 | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-dead/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

That is unfortunate. With that said....Van Halen was and is extremely overrated. Blah.

Rick Beato dissects the "Jump" solo at about the 16 minute mark:

Beato's learns of Eddie Van Halen's passing:

That is unfortunate. With that said....Van Halen was and is extremely overrated. Blah.
what if....just what if, instead of hitting that post reply button on this one you instead deleted its contents and went about your day?

I'm not a Van Halen fan, but doing donuts in the parking lot while blasting Panama looks fun.

I finished the Van Halen biography Running With The Devil a few months ago-it was written by their former manager who was dumped unceremoniously after 1984 so there’s a lot of bitterness towards the band, except for Michael Anthony and Eddie. He described Eddie as a sweet naive kid (Valerie B also) who was a prodigy and got sucked into the drugs, alcohol, and business machinations that ultimately tore the band apart. Even though Eddie did some shitty things, he was a really likable guy as described by the author.

what if....just what if, instead of hitting that post reply button on this one you instead deleted its contents and went about your day?

People die everyday. If you found that offensive....you probably shouldn't turn on the television.

Top Bottom