Earth's Warming began before the Industrial Revolution

MennoSota

Reaction score
Scientists studying corral reefs say the warming of the earth started before the Industrial Revolution based upon corral data. Human influence is not the main cause. Instead, solar activity is traced to the main cause.

Wally

Reaction score
That doesn't mean Carbon is not multiplying the effect. Its simple Science that higher CO2 equals higher temperatures.

John Galt

Reaction score
It’s simple Science, bro. The worlds leading producer of CO2 doesn’t need to undergo the regulations of other countries for another 9 years, even though we only have 9 years to live. Again, simple Science, bro.
I remember Obama predicting in 2008 the catastrophic effects of rising oceans. Now he and Joe are the proud owners of beachfront properties. Did Obama intentionally lie to keep a lid on prices until he could buy? 🤔

Wally

Reaction score
It’s simple Science, bro. The worlds leading producer of CO2 doesn’t need to undergo the regulations of other countries for another 9 years, even though we only have 9 years to live. Again, simple Science, bro.

To anyone who isn't an idiot, its obvious fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon. The discussion is about baby steps and you fools don't even want to take those.

Last edited:

justthefacts

Reaction score
Try as I might, I cannot find the study referenced in the OP's article. They didn't link to it, so I searched. I can't even find a journal that's just called Quaternary Sciences.

I found Journal of Quaternary Science https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10991417 but the article doesn't seem to be there.

I found Quaternary Science Reviews https://www.journals.elsevier.com/quaternary-science-reviews/ but the article doesn't seem to be there.

I found Quaternary https://www.mdpi.com/journal/quaternary but the article doesn't seem to be there.

I searched for Tao Shichen and found this list of his(?) publications, but nothing since 2019: https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/?q="Tao,+Shichen"&search_field=author

Anyone else find the actual paper itself?

MennoSota

Reaction score
To anyone who isn't an idiot, its obvious fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon. The discussion is about baby steps and you fools don't even want to take those.
Really? Were you just born this decade? Go up to Silver Bay and visit the Black Beach. It was formed from the massive dumping of taconite waste products. Today the area is pristine. Don't whine to us about not taking baby steps you damn millennial snowflake. We have made big strides in conservation.
Now, get your baby ass over to Beijing and protest pollution in Tiananmen Square with the other Chinese hippies.

howeda7

Reaction score
Scientists studying corral reefs say the warming of the earth started before the Industrial Revolution based upon corral data. Human influence is not the main cause. Instead, solar activity is traced to the main cause.
I thought "scientists" were virtually all Marxist Commies and not to be trusted?!?!

John Galt

Reaction score
Which country has emitted the most CO2 per capita?

Righties hate accountability.....
Maybe Luxembourg is the worst per capita, who knows. What matters is total CO2, right? It seems like you don’t want to hold China accountable for some reason.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Maybe Luxembourg is the worst per capita, who knows. What matters is total CO2, right? It seems like you don’t want to hold China accountable for some reason.
Nope. Wallace wants no part of holding China accountable. Even though Wallace is the one spouting about accountability. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

USA is the main problem. WALLACE 😂😂😂😂😂

Wally

Reaction score
Really? Were you just born this decade? Go up to Silver Bay and visit the Black Beach. It was formed from the massive dumping of taconite waste products. Today the area is pristine. Don't whine to us about not taking baby steps you damn millennial snowflake. We have made big strides in conservation.
Now, get your baby ass over to Beijing and protest pollution in Tiananmen Square with the other Chinese hippies.

Its not pristine. You think mine tailings are pristine?
That is some stretch of the imagination...

Go to the UP of Michigan to torch lake, its basically destroyed due pollution from metal recovery and the whole lake is just mine tailings. Pretty much nothing living in the lake.

John Galt

Reaction score

Go to the UP of Michigan to torch lake, its basically destroyed due pollution from metal recovery and the whole lake is just mine tailings. Pretty much nothing living in the lake.
Do you enjoy being run over by tanks Wallace?

Wally

Reaction score

Accountable for what?

Common sense says the best measure would be CO2 emitted per person, the US emits almost double China's percapita CO2.

Saudi arabia is highest, then Australia, Canada and US is fourth.

John Galt

Reaction score
Accountable for what?

Common sense says the best measure would be CO2 emitted per person, the US emits almost double China's percapita CO2.
Accountable for being the biggest polluter in the world by a landslide. Have you ever been to Shanghai and experienced the smog first hand?

Wally

Reaction score
Accountable for being the biggest polluter in the world by a landslide. Have you ever been to Shanghai and experienced the smog first hand?

Not Shanghai, but i have been to China. Bejing, Xian and one other city. I never said it was clean or that they don't pollute.

SMOG is not a long term problem that affects the planet for centuries, its just visible. CO2 is a long term problem.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Try as I might, I cannot find the study referenced in the OP's article. They didn't link to it, so I searched. I can't even find a journal that's just called Quaternary Sciences.

I found Journal of Quaternary Science https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10991417 but the article doesn't seem to be there.

I found Quaternary Science Reviews https://www.journals.elsevier.com/quaternary-science-reviews/ but the article doesn't seem to be there.

I found Quaternary https://www.mdpi.com/journal/quaternary but the article doesn't seem to be there.

I searched for Tao Shichen and found this list of his(?) publications, but nothing since 2019: https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/?q="Tao,+Shichen"&search_field=author

Anyone else find the actual paper itself?
I think the rather obvious answer, at least obvious to most of us, is that your computer will simply not allow you to visit any sites that may contain any dissenting opinions or facts that are contradictory to your prevailing line of thinking.

Maybe try one of the computers at a public library or something?

MennoSota

Reaction score

So...you dove in...

MennoSota

Reaction score
Not Shanghai, but i have been to China. Bejing, Xian and one other city. I never said it was clean or that they don't pollute.

SMOG is not a long term problem that affects the planet for centuries, its just visible. CO2 is a long term problem.
So, a peer reviewed scientific study of the corral reefs near China shows that the earth's warming started before the Industrial Revolution and it's fluctuation coincides with activity of the sun, but somehow humans are the sole cause of climate change. Do you often ignore science?

Section2

Reaction score

CO2 is natural. The planet breathes.

cncmin

Reaction score
What a dumb thread, posted by one of our most gullible regulars. Whatever implications you think are being said are not being said. The biggest cause of global warming in the past several decades is human activity, period. Whatever negligible warming or cooling changes going on in the background is small compared to the effect of human activity now.

Angry

Reaction score
What a dumb thread, posted by one of our most gullible regulars. Whatever implications you think are being said are not being said. The biggest cause of global warming in the past several decades is human activity, period. Whatever negligible warming or cooling changes going on in the background is small compared to the effect of human activity now.

To quote George Carlin “just one more arrogant attempt by humans to try and control nature.”

Wally

Reaction score
somehow humans are the sole cause of climate change.

Have I ever said that?

I think they are the main cause but I couldn't say they are the only cause because I don't know that.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Have I ever said that?

I think they are the main cause but I couldn't say they are the only cause because I don't know that.
Yet, the earth was already warming before the Industrial Revolution. Us little insects on this vast planet can effect it in small ways, but on the scale of entire global warming humans are a very small reason for why the earth's climate is changing.
I suggest that the current propaganda is presented mostly for economic reasons as new robber barons arise. (Elon Musk)...

justthefacts

Reaction score
I think the rather obvious answer, at least obvious to most of us, is that your computer will simply not allow you to visit any sites that may contain any dissenting opinions or facts that are contradictory to your prevailing line of thinking.

Maybe try one of the computers at a public library or something?
Is that a no, then, on finding the paper?

cncmin

Reaction score

To quote George Carlin “just one more arrogant attempt by humans to try and control nature.”
You're another of the class of gullibles.

Top Bottom