Early preview of Minnesota at Penn State (Minnesota Wins If... Penn State Wins If...)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jared:

Minnesota Wins If

The Gophers offensive line comes together for the week eight match-up, giving Tanner Morgan time in the pocket to have a game similar to his 2019 performance. This also gives time for Mohamad Ibrahim, one of the nation’s top running backs, time to heal after missing all but one game in 2021 with a leg injury. That one game? Ibrahim racked up 163 rushing yards and three scores against the Buckeyes before exiting the game in the third quarter. Minnesota also gets Penn State at the perfect time, sandwiched between Michigan and Ohio State on the Nittany Lions schedule.

Penn State Wins If

The Nittany Lions defensive line will need to be hitting on all cylinders by the time the Gophers roll into town. Minnesota will have a challenge to replace four starters on its offensive line, which could allow Penn State to shut down the run and stay in Morgan’s face to prevent a repeat performance from 2019.

Minnesota will also suffer from key losses along the defensive line - but to exploit this, Penn State will also need to make vast improvements in a run game that finished 113th in the nation in 2021.

Go Gophers!!

I found the comment section of this article rather interesting. After the usual bravado the more astute commentators found common ground, the game is a difficult one for Penn State. We are in agreement, the game is a difficult one for Minnesota.

I found the comment section of this article rather interesting. After the usual bravado the more astute commentators found common ground, the game is a difficult one for Penn State. We are in agreement, the game is a difficult one for Minnesota.
Penn state has been pretty average the last two years 11-11 (8-10)

Minnesota 12-8 (9-7)

I might be going to this game 👍

Reactions: Go4

I am most definitely going to this game. Five years ago, if you had told me I would be attending an away game at Penn State before I see one at Northwestern, I would have said you’re crazy.

...and our fans suck:
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 7.11.56 PM.png

I've been going to Gophers games for nearly twenty years. A majority of them for the past ten. I don't think I've ever witnessed a Gophers fan engage an opposing fan in a rude or negative manner.

And the "can't handle success" thing? I was at that game. The fans were excited and loud. That's what probably ticks this guy off more than anything. Seeing a fanbase that actually appreciates some success. That and the fact that we killed their playoff aspirations.

Top Bottom