Early CBS mock draft - Morgan reunited with TJ, pick 23 to the Bucs

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score

Don’t know much about much but I don’t think you hire Brady to play quarterback and then draft a QB.

if you sign old Brady...it means you think you have a 2-3 year window. 0 chance they draft a early round QB in that window.

Don’t know much about much but I don’t think you hire Brady to play quarterback and then draft a QB.

if you sign old Brady...it means you think you have a 2-3 year window. 0 chance they draft a early round QB in that window.
It is only a 2 year deal. There's certainly some merit to drafting a very coachable guy like Tanner and letting him learn from an all-time great. I have no idea what the Bucs' needs are though

It is only a 2 year deal. There's certainly some merit to drafting a very coachable guy like Tanner and letting him learn from an all-time great. I have no idea what the Bucs' needs are though
Yeah. But if you’re bringing in a ringer to make a run...you aren’t going to draft for the future. You’re going to draft for right now.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how high some have him possibly drafted.

Last edited:

Happy to hear Morgan is getting notice. Has to be good all around with our program. Packers have their quarterback so he won't be going there!

If Morgan gets drafted in the first round or two, it will be because of his football IQ and preparation. Sure he has skills, but he’s going to need scouts to take a deep dive into his film to see what’s going on there. Because of his lack of measurables, it’s easy for people to attribute his success to the offense and the receivers he has at his disposal, but he makes the coaching staff and players around him look good too. For example, a lot of the YAC and contested catches wouldn’t be possible without those extremely accurate throws.

Of note is the Bucs coach saw him play too on New Year's Day.

Obviously made an impression for both Antoine and Tyler.

Sometimes it's the improbable that leads to the obvious...

I know they're good at WR and FS! ?

I’ll be surprised if Morgan is drafted before Bateman.

Of note is the Bucs coach saw him play too on New Year's Day.

Obviously made an impression for both Antoine and Tyler.

Sometimes it's the improbable that leads to the obvious...

Underrated point. Seeing someone in person vs good competition helps to close the deal.

Surprised they didn't have Bateman in first round. If Morgan is drafted in first round as a Junior it will be because he had a great year, which means Bateman had a great year...

We've come a long way since Tanner Morgan couldn't throw 40 yards and might be an OK game manager backup for a freshman walk-on

Shows all the football acumen on this board!

FWIW - I never was part of the couldn't throw it 40 yard crowd, but I never imagined he'd be like this - few probably did, if they're honest. I thought he might be a slightly better version of Bryan Cupito, who I thought did a veery good job during his tenure.

Last edited:

There is a lot of talk about TM going pro next year, I am not sure about that. I think he stays with PJ for his Senior year.

Last edited:

Tell that to the Packers ;)
I’m not an expert, but the move by the packers tells me this is Rodgers last contract with the packers.

And it is also pretty universally seen as totally strange (I think that is what you are saying too)

There is a lot of talk about TM going pro next year, I am not sure about that. I think he stays with PJ for his Senior year.

Negative. He needs to go the distance to have a chance.

Top Bottom