2. Kentucky
1. North Carolina

6. Louisville
5. Duke
4. Ohio State
3. Texas
2. Kentucky
1. North Carolina

Is he assumming that Barnes, Knight, and Jones are returning and it is subject to change depending on who opts for the draft or is this the way he sees it no matter who stays or goes.

I'd guess he's making certain assumptions about who's staying and who's going. I'm still not convinced Sullinger will be back, but it sounds like Dukie V thinks he's really coming back. He did say he expects all of UNC's studs (most notably Barnes) to return.

It wouldn't be a Dickie V top 6 without Duke and UNC LOL. I exaggerate, but it does seem like every year one of those two are his #1 after a season.

It wouldn't be a Dickie V top 6 without Duke and UNC LOL. I exaggerate, but it does seem like every year one of those two are his #1 after a season.

And almost every year they are two of the top teams in the country.

What is UNC's recruiting class like that he is picking them number one? Is he assuming Barnes is staying next year?

I think Duke is number 1, even losing Irving, Singler, and Irving (most likely)

Their recruiting class is ridiculous, especially if they can add DeAndre Daniels ... they will challenge Kentucky for best freshman in the nation but with a better coach (IMO)

Texas 2 depending on who stays ... if their team stays in tact they will be number 1 or 2 ... during the regular season.

UNC has 4 players coming in. James McAdoo (PF) and PJ Hairston (SF) are both 5*. They have another 3* PF walking on, and a PG I know nothing about.

UNC has 4 players coming in. James McAdoo (PF) and PJ Hairston (SF) are both 5*. They have another 3* PF walking on, and a PG I know nothing about.

Got it. Wonder if Barnes will stay? Next year will be more fun college basketball for sure.

Assuming Lamb stays, I have to think UConn's back towards the top. A core of Lamb, Napier, Oriakhi, and Roscoe Smith's a pretty good core.

UNC is I think the best pick for #1 at this point. Of course, Barnes hasn't announced his intentions, and for that matter neither have Henson or Zeller. But at this point, I don't think any team but UNC should be preseason #1. UConn is highly likely to lose Kemba, and he obviously was their best player. I know they would still have the pieces to make it back to the F4 as long as Kemba is the only player they lose - they are analogous to Butler this year without Gordon Hayward.

James McAdoo is really a fine player & going to be great next year for UNC. They could be a dominant team if they return everybody.

UK is another team that's hard to gauge at this point. They probably will lose Jones, and could lose Knight as well - no doubt Harrellson played a big role in their success this season as well. They might be worse off next season since their frontcourt will be so thin.

Texas loses one of their four scorers, Gary Johnson. They might still lose TT as well. I don't see UT as having as much upside as some of the other teams like UNC and UK.

Duke is not going to be a top-5 team next season. Their frontcourt was exposed at times this year, and it's not going to be significantly better next year. Losing Smith, Singler, and Irving is too much for Austin Rivers to replace. Duke is IMO not going to end up in the top-10 next season.

Top Bottom