Duane!

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
It is safe to say Duane finally has his step back from his injury two years ago. It got him into trouble a couple times as he ran into his O line, but he looked really good. Too bad he couldn't find the end-zone, but Hoese is a beast on the goaline and played really well.

He looked like a big ten back last night. He should have a big day next Saturday.

I would have to say Duane is back to 100%. He ran with a purpose last night. My favorite play was when he looked like he was going to be stopped for a minimum 1 yard gain with a couple of MTSU defenders on him but he kept his legs going and ended up with a 7-8 yard gain!!

Kirkwood also looked very impressive last night; I'm expecting huge things from him!!

The Good: Duane was superb after first contact last night.

The Bad: He had maybe 4 runs that an A-level back could have housed.

I would have to say Duane is back to 100%. He ran with a purpose last night. My favorite play was when he looked like he was going to be stopped for a minimum 1 yard gain with a couple of MTSU defenders on him but he kept his legs going and ended up with a 7-8 yard gain!!

Which time? I saw him do that 3-4 times I seem to recall! He definitely looked back to form. Clearly the highlight of the night (other than Hoese).

When he broke off that first big run on the opening drive. . . man I was filled with all kinds of hope. What a good way to set the tone for the season.

Bennett, along with the OL run blocking, were the lone bright spots in an otherwise lackluster opener. Good job Duane!

There was definitely a burst there last night that we didn't see from him last year. It was good to see.

The Good: Duane was superb after first contact last night.

The Bad: He had maybe 4 runs that an A-level back could have housed.

I agree with this, however you cant be too upset that he ran for almost 200 yards

I agree with this, however you cant be too upset that he ran for almost 200 yards

Oh, don't underestimate the ability of fans on this site to be easily upset even when we win games.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom