Duane Difton

ncgo4

Reaction score
Pioneer Press reported that we are in the running for 4 star WR Duane Difton out of Fl. Does anyone have any information on this? I haven't seen anything on him.

He was at one time a USF verbal, and then was considered a BC lean, but that was the word months ago and still no verbal to BC. I'm not sure what other teams he is looking at.

Dwayne is WR from Fort Lauderdale, UConn, Syracuse, and USF listed as offers.

USF? UCONN, syracuse, and california is an alright offer list, but you would think a 4-star would have a better offer list. I'm a little suspicious, and I feel like we are already fine at WR. Anyone have more info on him?

In the spring, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas WR Dwayne Difton committed to South Florida—but then decided he wanted to look around a little bit more. He told Sporting News Today he is still very high on USF, but he’ll also make an official visit to Boston College soon. Other finalists for his services are Clemson, North Carolina and Virginia—and they may get his final visits.

“They say they like my speed and agility,” Difton told SN Today, when asked what college coaches say to him. “They say I run great routes and have great hands. When you play at St. Thomas Aquinas, you work hard, like you do in college. You learn what it’s like in college.”

Difton, a 5-foot-11, 165-pound target, also reported scholarship offers from Minnesota, Purdue, Southern Miss and Syracuse. He had 17 catches for 264 yards and two touchdowns as a junior, and is rated a four-star prospect by Rivals.com.

“He has made some big plays for us already this year,” said St. Thomas Aquinas coach George Smith told SN Today. “He’s already qualified.”

USF? UCONN, syracuse, and california is an alright offer list, but you would think a 4-star would have a better offer list. I'm a little suspicious, and I feel like we are already fine at WR. Anyone have more info on him?
Those are all quality schools.

Yes they are. I suspect the top BCS schools are looking at 6"2 + for WRs now, so he would almost be a second option for them.

I think Cris Carter is an assistant coach there. Maybe he can tell him MN isn't that bad, probably the opposite of what Lockwood told M. Carter.

I saw him on a televised high school game in which his school just destroyed their rivals which is supposed to be another good school. He is an overall good WR, great speed, good hands, and route running skills. He would be a great get, kid's a playmaker.

Top Bottom