Dream Weekend is here

minnyrules11

Reaction score
A group of 3 of us are flying into Pittsburgh early Friday morning and taking a twelve person rental van to Columbus picking the other five. Drinking that night attending the game on Saturday (goalline club tailgate also) and driving the 180 miles back drinking and watching the Vikes play Pittsburgh on Sunday. 3 of us are season ticket holders 3 casual fans and two that probably don't care, only one Packer fan for Sunday so not bad. Mostly going to be and my brothers friends we all originally hail from Winona and are scattered now. The only thing better than going two of the better stadiums at each level is winning at least one of two and not getting horrible weather.

I think the Gophers are going to come ready to play after last weekend and Ohio State is not that good as the skill positions to take it out on a team that beat the team they just lost too.

I never said the Gophers would win. I said I think they come ready to play.

Why did Wisconsin lose to Ohio St. letting Prior getting out of the pocket, turnovers leading to touchdowns/ or were touchdowns and special teams. The Gophers special teams have been very good this year (not great but very good). Prior probably won't beat anyone with his feet because I think Tressel doesn't let him the way Mack Brown let Vince Young did. If the Gophers turn the ball over the way Wisconsin did it probably will not be close.

Prior does not much for weapons. Sorry the running backs are probably in the lower half of the big ten, Boom Herron is very average. Their receivers are very young and have a ways to go. Minnesota got hosed on a couple of calls last Saturday not that it cost them the game but took them out of it for sure. I thought Minnesota competed well in Columbus last year where the refs hosed out of a first down near the goalline and Jack Simmons forward progressed was stopped for two seconds refs don't blow the whistle and Ohio State recovers a fumble thus taking them right out of the game.

That sounds like a great trip. It seems more and more people are getting totally wrapped up in whether their teams win or not. That is an important part of enjoying sports but having a weekend to get together with friends like you are doing is the best aspect of following sports.

Top Bottom