Drafted Star Ratings

I see it says Minnesota was one of the few programs interested in OT Jason Smith. It would have been nice to have him around for 4 years. Think he could of helped the line last year?

The star-ranking system isn't perfect, but from this article, it looks fairly reliable. There are going to be guys like Curry and Raji who either mature physically or didn't promote themselves (or get promoted by their high school coach) that fall through the cracks and develop at the college level, but I think this shows that the star-ranking system has gotten more accurate and will probably continue to become even moreso.

I agree. There are relatively few 5 stars each year and with the number showing up in the first round it shows that overall the ratings don't lie.

I did a study that compared the number of B10 five stars to All conference. The first thing I had to do was to figure out the percentage of five star, four star etc. There is a very low percentage of five star player. IIRC around 15% (it maight have even been five%), so having four of the top ten athletes (40%) be five star recruits, does in fact speak very highly of that ranking system.

Top Bottom