Double Edged Sword

bleedsmaroonandgold

Reaction score
Would you take our current situation if it were offered before the season started? By that, I mean we are in a position where we only have two games to play, and we can win the division and go to the title game by winning those two without needing any other help. However, at the same time, we are in a difficult position where losing on the road to either Nebraska or Wisconsin eliminates us, and nothing that happens in other games can save us. We are in control, but we have no margin for error. Personally, I love that situation. Do or die. Find out what our boys are made of. Nothing goes on that we don't control, no talk about good or bad luck, we win we're in, we lose, we're toast. This is what competitive sports are all about.

It is always nice to have multiple ways to win the division, but controlling our own destiny is all we can ask for. Like you said win or go home. Prove it out on the field. I am glad we aren't in the position of Iowa or Nebraska where they need something to happen in other games they aren't involved in to win it. I just wish that we didn't end with the toughest two divisional opponents on the road. The schedule makers gave us a rough end to our schedule.

Would you take our current situation if it were offered before the season started? By that, I mean we are in a position where we only have two games to play, and we can win the division and go to the title game by winning those two without needing any other help. However, at the same time, we are in a difficult position where losing on the road to either Nebraska or Wisconsin eliminates us, and nothing that happens in other games can save us. We are in control, but we have no margin for error. Personally, I love that situation. Do or die. Find out what our boys are made of. Nothing goes on that we don't control, no talk about good or bad luck, we win we're in, we lose, we're toast. This is what competitive sports are all about.

Anyone who predicted we'd be in this position before the season WITH a L to TCU and Illinois would be lying.
The W-L record is what it is, but the progress as far as competitiveness, rivalry trophies, and B1G relevence cannot be overstated.
These seniors have been a part of the climb and have been rewarded with the win and in situation in front of them, the program has quite simply arrived to where we all had hoped it would when Kill was hired. The brick by brick foundation is solid and ready to build upon further with more big wins and late division and B1G title runs in the future under Kill.

Anyone who predicted we'd be in this position before the season WITH a L to TCU and Illinois would be lying.

Not really, and remember that we have three losses. To say that the team would be 7-3 after 10 games would not have been a big stretch given that the schedule was backloaded. Just substitute the loss to Illinois with losing one to either Iowa or Michigan and that would have been a reasonable prediction.

I'm already reasonably satisfied but I'll be far more satisfied if they win at least one more.

The W-L record is what it is, but the progress as far as competitiveness, rivalry trophies, and B1G relevence cannot be overstated.
These seniors have been a part of the climb and have been rewarded with the win and in situation in front of them, the program has quite simply arrived to where we all had hoped it would when Kill was hired. The brick by brick foundation is solid and ready to build upon further with more big wins and late division and B1G title runs in the future under Kill.

I had 8-2 with losses to Michigan and OSU before the season started. Granted, I didn't know TCU would be a top 10 team in the country, but that's what I had.

But I was expecting 4-2 going into the Nebraska game. I also thought Wisconsin would be 7-0 when we played them so I didn't think we'd have a chance at the division so I'll take this.

As others have said 7-3 at this point is not shocking. In fact 7-3 is right where I figured we would be at this point only difference would be losing to Michigan and beating Illinois. 7-5 seemed like a minimum threshold going into the season.

Top Bottom