Doogie: No search firm, all Coyle's call with small internal commitee

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I can't complain about that. they have to move fast, and it is his call / fault (good or bad).

Coyle and Co. have to be allowed to succeed or fail on their own. Same for any AD.

I'm not a fan of Coyle right now, but this is how it should be even if we weren't in a big hurry.

I can't complain about that. they have to move fast, and it is his call / fault (good or bad).

For all the crap being flung at Coyle by a lot of posters I am really glad they are not going the search firm route. It does show that they have a plan and don't need to rely on some outside organization to do a lot of their work for them. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out but clearly this hire will define Coyle here at the U. He got rid of nine win coach so if the guy he hires bombs it will be all on him.

No time to go the search firm route. National signing day is in a month. Open recruiting period resumes in a week. If the Gophers have no head coach on board, it increases the odds that recruits will de-commit and the Gophers are looking at a potentially empty (or very small) recruiting class. that can handicap the program for the next 4-5 years, or put the new coach in a situation where he will have to go heavy on Juco's to fill the gaps.

The timing here is critical. Coyle has maybe 3 or 4 days tops to land a coach. Anything after that, and it may be too late to salvage the recruiting class.

No time to go the search firm route. National signing day is in a month. Open recruiting period resumes in a week. If the Gophers have no head coach on board, it increases the odds that recruits will de-commit and the Gophers are looking at a potentially empty (or very small) recruiting class. that can handicap the program for the next 4-5 years, or put the new coach in a situation where he will have to go heavy on Juco's to fill the gaps.

The timing here is critical. Coyle has maybe 3 or 4 days tops to land a coach. Anything after that, and it may be too late to salvage the recruiting class.

Really it is two recruiting classes with the loss of 5-10 from last years class due to sexcapades plus any transfers. Plus hiring a head coach is only step one. Then he will need to hire his staff while at the same time trying to fill out this class and save current team from leaving. Why this move should have been made after Wisconsin loss.

Top Bottom