Doogie, any chance Brewster quits?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Not asking for this to happen or likeing it to happen but with all of the NFL assistant jobs out there for him any chance he might be considering jumping ship back to the NFL?

Working relationship with Joel Maturi must not be that good with the Twitter spat the Dunbar spat, the cuss out gotta think these two are tiring of each other as boss and coach. Sounds like extension talks not going well and they are setting Brew up to either quit or not really get a pay increase or forcing a zero buyout. With all of the media haterade and negativity surrounding Gopher football from the local press, any chance he say's to heck with it and goes back to the NFL?
I would have to think the coach has kind of tired of all of the negative press he is getting.

facts about anything you stated? How do you know extension talks are not going well? How do you know Maturi and Brewster don't have a good relationship? The twitter thing never happened.

I gotta admit this thread struck as me as interesting. It sounds like a request for gossip, based on gossip. Please tell me I'm misread that.

Never stated anything here was fact

I'm asking because other people are talking about it, I have no knowledge that extenstion talks are not going well with the exception that others in the media much closer than I have hinted or said that, so yes it is kind of like talk or gossip and other peoples opinions. Hopefully
this all come's to pass with an extension and we are done talking about it for the most part, I would like to see an extension, sign up the recruits and for the most part just keep the coaches we have. Just like the twitter thing was BS so was the Kansas talk but you never know when stuff like that come's up if what if anything you are hearing is nothing less than gossip. Would like to see the Fisch thing put to bed soon too, if he staying than say so if not take the NFL job and let's get another coach in here.

facts about anything you stated? How do you know extension talks are not going well? How do you know Maturi and Brewster don't have a good relationship? The twitter thing never happened.

If he's referring to the Phat Pat Twitter spat then yes, it did happen. I was one who initially came out in defense of Brew (I wanted to believe he had more sense than that) but the subsequent follow up on that incident changed my mind.

I'm asking because other people are talking about it, I have no knowledge that extenstion talks are not going well with the exception that others in the media much closer than I have hinted or said that, so yes it is kind of like talk or gossip and other peoples opinions. Hopefully
this all come's to pass with an extension and we are done talking about it for the most part, I would like to see an extension, sign up the recruits and for the most part just keep the coaches we have. Just like the twitter thing was BS so was the Kansas talk but you never know when stuff like that come's up if what if anything you are hearing is nothing less than gossip. Would like to see the Fisch thing put to bed soon too, if he staying than say so if not take the NFL job and let's get another coach in here.

Are they the same "media types" who jumped at the "news" that Brewster's house was on the market in late October? Even though it went on the market in September. Were they any of the media types who have been calling for Brewster's firing for months now? Were any of those media types employed by KFAN, KQRS, KARE or the Star Tribune? Where any of them among the people who gleefully reported de-commits while never reporting guys who committed?

Did any of those media types bring up the fact that both Mason and Tubby Smith worked for weeks without signed contracts? Did they also mention "unsigned" contract status of John Anderson or J Robinson now or in the past?

Any of those things would lead me to believe that the media types involved were engaging in wishful thinking.

It's just a thought.

He is not going t oquit and walk away from guaranteed money...he would have to be fired. Please Maturi..Fire Him!

If he's referring to the Phat Pat Twitter spat then yes, it did happen. I was one who initially came out in defense of Brew (I wanted to believe he had more sense than that) but the subsequent follow up on that incident changed my mind.

It's worth noting- anyone who thinks the Fat Pat twitter is a big deal should probably go to Wal-mart and get a big ol' pair of granny panties to wear around. They will be much more comfortable that way.

It might be a good idea to contact Dan Barreiro for reccomendations on what style he prefers. However, I'm pretty sure he has a lot of problems with his bunching-up on him.

I don't get the Fat Pat insults...he is overweight, alert the media! Have you heard about the Lindbergh baby? those weight references are so juvenile. I am not an avid reader of his nor am I a listener of anything he does on radio or tv. But if I want to intelligently argue a point, I certainly don't go after someone's personal appearance. Rip his writing, his ideas or his conjecture.
As far as Brewster goes, rip his coaching record, or lack thereof...he has nothing to stand as far as being a quality division one head coach. Not a thing. No significant wins, no significant bowl, no cornerstone recruit. Nothing but jeezo beezo blood vessels pumping and corpusels jumping.

It's worth noting- anyone who thinks the Fat Pat twitter is a big deal should probably go to Wal-mart and get a big ol' pair of granny panties to wear around. They will be much more comfortable that way.

It might be a good idea to contact Dan Barreiro for reccomendations on what style he prefers. However, I'm pretty sure he has a lot of problems with his bunching-up on him.

Just to note, I still don't think its a big deal. Stupid and silly, but not a big deal.

I don't get the Fat Pat insults...he is overweight, alert the media! Have you heard about the Lindbergh baby? those weight references are so juvenile.

Juvenile like Reusse referring to Brewster in print as "Blackie" in honor of his hair?

Why would Brewster quit? Because some people on a few internet message boards don't think he does a good job? He's a D1 head coach in a BCS conference. I don't see him walking away from his job.

It's worth noting- anyone who thinks the Fat Pat twitter is a big deal should probably go to Wal-mart and get a big ol' pair of granny panties to wear around.

Goldmember, forget the ol' pair of granny panties from Walmart. Buy wallets. :)

Iceland you are right about where the media type works

I don't have to mention names but the media type suggesting he will quit works at KQRS.

I don't have to mention names but the media type suggesting he will quit works at KQRS.

I'm guessing that Sansevere, Passolt and Tom (Catman(!)) Barnard are just hoping that Brewster is heading to NBC to replace Conan anyway!:cool:

He is not going t oquit and walk away from guaranteed money...he would have to be fired. Please Maturi..Fire Him!

and then what? hire another unproven coach and do this dance for 20 years? eag35-your fired! go support iowa or something you sound bandwagon

eag35 hit the nail on the head: He would never walk away from his current contract for a two-year deal with an NFL team at $150,000-$200,000 per year.

The Twitter thing definitely happened.

eag35 hit the nail on the head: He would never walk away from his current contract for a two-year deal with an NFL team at $150,000-$200,000 per year.

If your numbers are correct, it would seem very unlikely Mr. Fisch will be leaving unless he gets an OC position. The strib originally reported that he was set to make $450,000 in the second year of his two year contract (http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/38019364.html).

I gotta admit this thread struck as me as interesting. It sounds like a request for gossip, based on gossip. Please tell me I'm misread that.

thought these two responses needed to be applauded.:clap:

If your numbers are correct, it would seem very unlikely Mr. Fisch will be leaving unless he gets an OC position. The strib originally reported that he was set to make $450,000 in the second year of his two year contract (http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/38019364.html).

Yea, it seems as if the U structured his contract correctly. He gets $125K bonus if he is on staff March 1 (i.e. after most other jobs have been filled and after NSD). Also, he gets a much larger salary in year 2 ($325K vs. $200K in year 1). I find it hard to believe he'll make $500K as a position coach in the NFL. OC definitely but not position coach.

Yea, it seems as if the U structured his contract correctly. He gets $125K bonus if he is on staff March 1 (i.e. after most other jobs have been filled and after NSD). Also, he gets a much larger salary in year 2 ($325K vs. $200K in year 1). I find it hard to believe he'll make $500K as a position coach in the NFL. OC definitely but not position coach.

That contract structure is good to see. You can't really blame him for leaving to be an NFL OC but leaving to be a position coach would be tough to stomach.

Speaking of rumors eag35

I don't get the Fat Pat insults...he is overweight, alert the media! Have you heard about the Lindbergh baby? those weight references are so juvenile. I am not an avid reader of his nor am I a listener of anything he does on radio or tv. But if I want to intelligently argue a point, I certainly don't go after someone's personal appearance. Rip his writing, his ideas or his conjecture.
As far as Brewster goes, rip his coaching record, or lack thereof...he has nothing to stand as far as being a quality division one head coach. Not a thing. No significant wins, no significant bowl, no cornerstone recruit. Nothing but jeezo beezo blood vessels pumping and corpusels jumping.

and your obvious sensitivity to the weight issue. Is it true you have to be weighed on a meat slaughter house scale?

I find it hilarious that Fat Pat even uses Twitter. Remember this is the same guy that called Trib online readers "free loaders". Isn't he enabling these free loaders with his free Twitter account?

Also, check out this amazing episode of the Sports Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkxmdm86rrs

The two of them are on different career vectors really. For Fisch it's more about what's better for his career development than what's better for his wallet in the short term.

and your obvious sensitivity to the weight issue. Is it true you have to be weighed on a meat slaughter house scale?

ruppertflywheel...you show your ignorance like none other. I have an issue with personal attacks...not with simply stating the obvious such as Reusse has a weight issue. Because he is fat means he cannot speak his opinion? Well glory be to God! WE have found the second coming and he is Ruppertflywheel. He is so perfect he can speak his mind and all must agree or they are flawed.

My point, genius, is that intelligent people will agree and disgree on facts...stupid people attack physical features because they lack the brainpower to put their thoughts down in writing.

Stupid is as stupid does...stupid.

Nothing but jeezo beezo blood vessels pumping and corpusels jumping.

But I guess it's perfectly acceptable to make fun of people who actually care about the program and have the audacity to maintain a positive attitude.;)

Hypocrisy thy name is eag35.:cool:

Nothing but jeezo beezo blood vessels pumping and corpusels jumping.

But I guess it's perfectly acceptable to make fun of people who actually care about the program and have the audacity to maintain a positive attitude.;)

Hypocrisy thy name is eag35.:cool:

Sorry, but I thought this post was funny.

Top Bottom