Doogie: All signs point to Reggie Lynch being on the Gophers next year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie notes how Lynch is around the team for the team camp, the Bond and John Thomas team talks, etc and says that "all signs point to Reggie Lynch being on the Gophers next year."

http://www.1500espn.com/podcast-center/

Go Gophers!!

In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie notes how Lynch is around the team for the team camp, the Bond and John Thomas team talks, etc and says that "all signs point to Reggie Lynch being on the Gophers next year."

Go Gophers!!

Would be big to have him. I really hope we're reasonably certain that the sexual assault complaint was falsely made, though, and not just a "you can't prove it" situation.

One would presume the staff is pretty confident in Lynch's innocence to be giving Lynch this kind of visibility, especially with the pressure Pitino is under right now.
It was also good to hear in Podcast that Amir is rumored to be playing at a high level at team practices.

On the team, but will he be able to play? The former doesn't necessarily mean the latter will occur.

Whatever the outcome, hope it's determined well before the season starts. Don't need that hanging over the program all season.

On the team, but will he be able to play? The former doesn't necessarily mean the latter will occur.

Whatever the outcome, hope it's determined well before the season starts. Don't need that hanging over the program all season.

My guess is that Doogie means he thinks he can play. However, I'd bet that Doogie is speculating, like the rest of us, based on Lynch being around the team and visible.

My guess is that Doogie means he thinks he can play. However, I'd bet that Doogie is speculating, like the rest of us, based on Lynch being around the team and visible.

Agree, but maybe Doogie can clarify that for us via Twitter. Doogie?

Would be big to have him. I really hope we're reasonably certain that the sexual assault complaint was falsely made, though, and not just a "you can't prove it" situation.

Seems unlikely they will be able to prove innocents or guilt. It also appears the staff believes he is innocent and won't be found guilty...

I'd bet $$$ he plays.

Go Gophers!!

So you're saying Doogie has been reading GH and saw the same pics we discussed last week? Whiz-Bang reporting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How can the investigation against the wrestling program be wrapped up more quickly than the Lynch investigation? Even though the crimes are much different, just the number of people involved would lead you to believe that the wrestling investigation would take longer. May be now, the U police focus on the Lynch investigation so this is wrapped up as well???

He was also working at camp all weekend long mingling with all and doing the same job everyone else was. Visible there too is my point.

How can the investigation against the wrestling program be wrapped up more quickly than the Lynch investigation? Even though the crimes are much different, just the number of people involved would lead you to believe that the wrestling investigation would take longer. May be now, the U police focus on the Lynch investigation so this is wrapped up as well???

It's not wrapped up.

Know one knows who the drug dealers are, and Robinson isn't naming names. As soon as prosecutors have names, charges will be filed.

You'd be right. Doogie has no sources. This is evidenced by every actual prediction that he makes. People probably remember him being played like a fiddle during our last coaching search, he got plenty of coaches a raise.

He is speculating. It seems like common sense that Lynch will be back. Everything is pointing to him coming back. I agree and I have no sources either.

It's not wrapped up.

Know one knows who the drug dealers are, and Robinson isn't naming names. As soon as prosecutors have names, charges will be filed.

From the Strib:
Prosecutors, citing a lack of evidence, have declined to pursue criminal charges in connection with several University of Minnesota wrestlers suspected of using and selling the prescription sedative Xanax this past winter. In addition, no charges will be pursued against their coach for his knowledge of the situation.

Jean Heyer, spokeswoman for the Hennepin County attorney’s office, confirmed that prosecutors had declined to bring criminal charges in the case, but otherwise had no comment.

Minneapolis City Attorney Susan Segal said that U police presented their case to her office last week, after approaching the county attorney’s office.

“We reviewed all the evidence and there was not sufficient evidence to support charges in the case and it’s as simple as that,” Segal said.

That sure sounds like no criminal charges to me. Now, the U is conducting its own investigation, and they could take action against the wrestlers or Robinson, but that will not involve criminal charges.

Big difference between the wrestling case and Lynch - in the Lynch case, there is (presumably) a complaining witness - the alleged victim. As long as she is cooperating with police, there is at least a possibility of charges being filed. If she declined to press charges, or changed her story, then the case would likely go away.

Is Reggie Lynch allowed to work out with the team or is he on suspension?

How did I not know Reggie is Kevin Lynch's nephew??

I'd venture to sat the UMPD is still probing; they're pretty Good at that.

Top Bottom