Don't Forget For The Michigan St. Game: GOLD OUT

jasonsmithers

Reaction score
For those of you that are going to the game tomorrow, don't forget to wear as much gold as possible.
http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38661&SPID=3302&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=1608351

I wonder how many people actually know about this that don't attend Gopher games on a regular basis. They have announced it at the last couple games, but other then that hopefully people are wearing their gold tomorrow.

I can't wait, should be a great matchup tomorrow and hopefully the barn and student section is rockin! :cool:

The first priority. ...

with the time change should be to fill the seats. Gold, maroon, blue, white, black, gray, pink, orange (but not green or white). I just hope Gopher fans show up, no matter the color of their attire.

with the time change should be to fill the seats. Gold, maroon, blue, white, black, gray, pink, orange (but not green or white). I just hope Gopher fans show up, no matter the color of their attire.

I agree, get to the game and fill the seats.

I think we all agree with you on this one Hodger, but if you know someone who might be attending for the first time this year, or just doesn't come regularly, doesn't hurt to remind them to throw on some Gold for this one. If you know you'll be there, grab your Gold as well.

Agreed. Why do we need special instructions to wear the school colors?

Agreed. Why do we need special instructions to wear the school colors?

Colors are Maroon and Gold. More people wear Maroon; that's true in my case because I own a number of winter appropriate maroon shirts/sweaters, and no gold ones.

I understand why they want gold out, and have no problem, but it isn't what comes naturally and easily.

I think the only time wearing maroon is a problem is when we play WI or IU and maybe tOSU. Nobody is going to think you are a fan of MSU if you wear maroon tomorrow!

I think the only time wearing maroon is a problem is when we play WI or IU and maybe tOSU. Nobody is going to think you are a fan of MSU if you wear maroon tomorrow!

Agree, but not the point. I think having the arena filled with gold is more visually intimidating than having it filled with maroon. That's the point of gold out--not just to wear team colors. Like at Illinois--everyone wears Orange, even though they have two colors.

If the Athletic Department wants fans to wear gold, they should work with the vendors to manufacture more gold attire. Unless you're willing to wear a t-shirt or a hoodie, it's hard to find gold clothing.

I'm going to wear a gold t-shirt tomorrow, but I think the amount of (active) noise I am going to make is a lot more important than the (passive) gold color of my shirt -- which probably won't be visible from the court anyway. Be loud!!!

i cannot wait for tipoff..i extended my stay at my parents house an extra three days so i could go to this game tomorrow. I plan on not having a voice left by the end of the game. Then hopefully not falling asleep on my 4+ hour drive back to des moines. :mad:

If the Athletic Department wants fans to wear gold, they should work with the vendors to manufacture more gold attire. Unless you're willing to wear a t-shirt or a hoodie, it's hard to find gold clothing.

You're absolutely right, gopheraddict. My wife, in particular, has been complaining about this for a long time. Other than a T-shirt, there's not much gold you can buy. I've got a few nice gold things I wear that aren't T-shirts, but I wouldn't be able to find them again if I needed to.

I prefer all gold in the stands, but the mixture of maroon and gold is starting to grow on me, as long as people wear one or the other. A gray Minneosta T-shirt doesn't help much, although it's better than nothing. But I do agree that a full, loud stadium is the first priority.

I was going to start a thread yesterday about the recent lack of promotion about the gold out (ads for the game in the Star Tribune with no mention of it), but I figured the first response would be, "Who cares -- just go to the game." :)

Top Bottom