Don't blame Walker.

Walker gets a ton of blame. He missed an f'ing extra point. If your argument is the Gophers never should have been in that position I agree with you, but missing an extra point is unacceptable. Period.
We have basically an almost unstoppable wildcat formation and a defense that can stop no one. We have a shaky kicking game at best. Should have gone for 2.

Walker gets a ton of blame. He missed an f'ing extra point. If your argument is the Gophers never should have been in that position I agree with you, but missing an extra point is unacceptable. Period.
This is just silly.

Guy is a month off surgery, and forced into action because the other kicker can't go. And he made 5 PAT's and 2 FG's earlier in the game.

Did the holder do something weird? Bad snap? Guessing neither, but maybe? Guessing it was just a dumbfounding, inexplicable miss. Even Jordan didn't make 100% of his shots.

Offense didn’t quit, offensive coordinator just refused to deviate from same three plays.
How much of that is PJ telling him to do just that? I’d guess quite a bit.
We are in a no huddle offense exclusively. Stand at the LOS for a long time, look to the sideline multiple times for the play and then run what is called. Been told we do that to get the best play possible against the D that the coaches see.
There’s no F-ing way an inside run on 1st down against a 8 or 9 man box is the best play, yet that’s what we did in the 4th quarter. Run max protect and throw a quick slant to our All-American WR or some PA and go over the top. If it’s in the first quarter that’s what we’d do. But we didn’t in the 4th and that’s on the HC for over ruling it.

Why didn't Lantz kick last night? He was dressed and on the sidelines.

I don’t like this culture of shitty defense! PJ needs to change this culture.

I think a simpler view of this.

Walker gets blame for missing the PAT, which I am sure he will tell you is unacceptable to him to miss that. He does not get blame for "losing the game".
That credit is given to the team. The defense for being porous. The play calling for being inexplicably curious. The offense for going stagnant in the 4th (And this can in large part be attributed to coaching).

We have basically an almost unstoppable wildcat formation and a defense that can stop no one. We have a shaky kicking game at best. Should have gone for 2.
Word

Walker is playing with an injury also.. so yeah no blame on him. Blame is on coaching... defense has no clue what's going on or where to be. Offense totally shut down and played just to run out the clock. I think Fleck got cocky and just assumed Maryland was done. And then as others have said, what the heck was the going for one in overtime? It's not like you could stop them at all the whole day... you go for the win and avoid being on defense again!

I think a simpler view of this.

Walker gets blame for missing the PAT, which I am sure he will tell you is unacceptable to him to miss that. He does not get blame for "losing the game".
That credit is given to the team. The defense for being porous. The play calling for being inexplicably curious. The offense for going stagnant in the 4th (And this can in large part be attributed to coaching).
Crazy thing is, that kick wouldn’t have won the game. We were literally playing for a tie.

Crazy thing is, that kick wouldn’t have won the game. We were literally playing for a tie.
Like I said in the in-game thread: we would've had to turn around and try to score again .... and then what? Try to stop them?? :sneaky:

I thought the worst decision I’d ever see was punting from WI 37 yard-line.
This topped it. It’s like they weren’t watching the game. Makes pulling Snell in the World Series seem like a ho-hum brain freeze.

I don't blame Walker, anytime you have surgery that involves the core, stamina becomes a big issue. The fact that they were limiting his range tells you strength is an issue. I was was cut across the abdomen for a different reason, I would feel great and able to do most things, but when I got tired, it was like falling off a cliff. I would go from 90% to 30% almost instantly. It took three months to fully recover.

Like I said in the in-game thread: we would've had to turn around and try to score again .... and then what? Try to stop them?? :sneaky:
interestingly, it took a total bullshit penalty on 3rd and 10 for MD to not have to kick a FG in OT, so that may be where they were coming from in that they felt better about having things more packed in.

Top Bottom