Donation Rumor

PoockItInfor6

Reaction score
I've heard donations in the 5 figure range have already come in since we started rowing... If true, excellent news for our program!

This wouldn't be the first donation rumor that only appears on GH.

That what a good set of oars goes for these days.

My daughters Spring semester tuition is due at the end of the month. Not quite 5 figures, but close.
Does that count?

I've heard donations in the 5 figure range have already come in since we started rowing... If true, excellent news for our program!

My guess is if the U wants some really big donations, they should get rid of Kaler and Coyle. Maybe a GoFundMe could be started to get rid of them!

Rumor is actually for 8 figures. It has been noted by the media a lot recently. Apparently had been in the works for months, but the whole scandal cooled it down.

Sorry, I thought you take he last 3 digits off, I apparently should have said 8 figures.

Sorry, I thought you take he last 3 digits off, I apparently should have said 8 figures.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/anu2x9QGZ44gw" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/wait-what-anu2x9QGZ44gw">via GIPHY</a></p>

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/anu2x9QGZ44gw" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/wait-what-anu2x9QGZ44gw">via GIPHY</a></p>

I think he works for the U in accounting.

Fleck donated his salary to make Minnesota Elite again,
wow he really is rowing the boat....

My guess is if the U wants some really big donations, they should get rid of Kaler and Coyle. Maybe a GoFundMe could be started to get rid of them!

And my guess is you're wrong. Just as likely Coyle was told by a big donar(s) that Claeys was keeping them from donating.

Perhaps the envelope man "MacKay" needs to take over this project and get it done.

I mean is there really that much difference between a potential 5 figure donation and one that might be 8 figures? So what...one is like $10,000 and the other is $10,000,000....I mean those are basically the same thing right.....

I mean is there really that much difference between a potential 5 figure donation and one that might be 8 figures? So what...one is like $10,000 and the other is 10,000,000....I mean those are basically the same thing right.....

+1 ... or +1000. I forget which one.

People need to stop with Kaler and Coyle being gone. It's not going to happen. Kaler has strong support from the Regents, even though they would have liked to see the situation managed better.

The university, in most measures, is in a better place than it was pre-Kaler. They are bringing in more resources, increasing application rates, etc. The university is more than athletics, and while some football fans may be frustrated with Kaler, the university community as a whole is not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People need to stop with Kaler and Coyle being gone. It's not going to happen. Kaler has strong support from the Regents, even though they would have liked to see the situation managed better.

The university, in most measures, is in a better place than it was pre-Kaler. They are bringing in more resources, increasing application rates, etc. The university is more than athletics, and while some football fans may be frustrated with Kaler, the university community as a whole is not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Even if you find the administration at fault with regard to the sexual assault investigation and suspensions, that isn't the totality of the U's existence. The University of Minnesota isn't a football franchise; it's university, and indications are it's succeeding in that endeavor.

College athletics, as has often been said, is merely a PR front for the school.

For accounting purposes you often do, balance sheets, ledger, annual reports are laid out in 1,000's. For purposes of GH, probably better to indicate an 8-figure donation for clarity.

I chuckled a little bit at the OP's five figure donation whispers (not that there's anything wrong with that...just not front page news)

I realize this is juvenile low hanging fruit

Coyle: I'm going to negotiate a sponsorship deal for....10,000 dollars!

Fleck: Don't you think we should maybe ask for...100 million dollars? Our operating expenses alone are more than 100 million dollars per year

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jTmXHvGZiSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed. Even if you find the administration at fault with regard to the sexual assault investigation and suspensions, that isn't the totality of the U's existence. The University of Minnesota isn't a football franchise; it's university, and indications are it's succeeding in that endeavor.

College athletics, as has often been said, is merely a PR front for the school.

Totally get what you saying. Situational ethics, right? I mean, nobody was going to get ahold of that police report, so why suspend the kids. This will be alright. I mean, one woman may have been gang raped by 5 players. What harm could it do to look the other way.............Oh, we suspended a player or two that wasn't really involved and called them rapists in the press? That's no big deal either.

This should only cost he University, one or two 9 figure donations. Hell, it's only a portion of the revenue from the BigTen networks. Yep, nothing to see here folks, move along. We fired the coach, what more could you have wanted us to do???

If you think Kaler is going to survive this fiasco and has no culpability and no accountability, you're mistaken. His failure of leadership did not go unnoticed. Kaler has done some good for the U, but in the culture that he's built, fostered and let fester, turning a blind eye to sexual assault doesn't go over well, and make no mistake about it, he turned a blind eye to it. The "he's done some other nice things" excuse didn't work for Claeys and shouldn't and won't work for Kaler. Hell, this is his second go round with poor hiring and allowing sexual misconduct being allowed to escalate in just over a year.

as is so often said on this site, He Gone.

Top Bottom