Donation page to buyout Pitino - Fire Him!

GopherCountry

Reaction score
I actually wanted Pitino gone two years ago but also wanted the Gophers to make the Ncaa and knew if they did Pitino would get an extension.

2 years later, nothing has changed. I will commit $10 to pay for Pitino’s buyout. Let’s do this!!

To be fair, I have donated to other causes during this pandemic, but this team may set me over the edge!!

GopherHole can start the GoFundMe
Page when we get more commitments. If FSU football can do it, so can we!

Middle of the road or worse every year with an excellent recruiting ground.

I will say this, tonight was the first time in a while where I was ambivalent about him being gone.....I mean can you imagine next year without Carr :sick:

I mean can you blame him? Outside of Gach there is nobody I would rather have drive, and I don't trust anyone to make a jumper over him honestly

Or. And just spitballing here. How about we at least get to the second conference game before passing judgment on the whole season.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment. He's had his chance to shape the program.

He seems like a good guy but he's a bad coach. I'm not even disappointed today, it went exactly about how I thought it would.

We dribble way too much. We always have. It's impossible to say we even lack shooters because we set up such terrible shots (in terms of timing and spacing). It's really horrific basketball.

It's time to move on.

Agreed. I don’t care what the final score ends up being tonight, I still like this team a lot and expect us to be very competitive.
Not trying to be antagonistic, serious question, why?

I've watched all the games this year and other than about 10 minutes in the BC game this team has consistently performed below it's talent level and ran a terrible offensive system against mostly inferior teams. I don't see them playing up to their potential against even stronger talent.

Or. And just spitballing here. How about we at least get to the second conference game before passing judgment on the whole season.

Too rational for a board full of internet anonymous sports experts!!

I know what you are saying, and can understand why.

The performance tonight did it for me. Lack of ball movement/hero ball for give or take 30 of 40 minutes. Decimated on the boards. Stupid turnovers - one by Carr.

There is enough talent on this team to play with the Illinois team we saw tonight. Kofi is a beast and Dosunmu a great player, no doubt. Miller fantastic for a Fr.

Lose by 10, OK. Nearly down 40 points at one point?

He seems like a good guy but he's a bad coach. I'm not even disappointed today, it went exactly about how I thought it would.

We dribble way too much. We always have. It's impossible to say we even lack shooters because we set up such terrible shots (in terms of timing and spacing). It's really horrific basketball.

It's time to move on.
Totally agree.

Let’s get the dollars flowing with some commitments!! When we hit $1k, I ask GopherHole to set up the page. I asked for confirmation of the person who said $5k.

Agreed. I don’t care what the final score ends up being tonight, I still like this team a lot and expect us to be very competitive.
I do, and am guessing a lot of other Gopher fans do as well.

Losing by nearly 40 points at one time, and between 30 and 40 points most of the second half is ridiculous. Embarrassing. And, the more I see of Illinois, the less I think they are top 10, perhaps even top 20.

The offensive system is rubbish for the players Pitino has had for his tenure here. It has been a failure far more often that is has been successful.

Coyle needs to sack up and take care of business. Like he should have 8 months ago.

Too rational for a board full of internet anonymous sports experts!!

Most of the complaints about Pitino do not come from a place of expertise, it's just really a basic understanding of basketball. We aren't breaking down the read-option in football or anything. Most of the gripes (which I'm sure you're referring) are in reference to an absolutely stagnant offense without ball movement and way too much dribbling. It's kind of basketball 101. It took the announcers about 5 minutes of watching us play to point it out. It's an obvious and catastrophic flaw in our system. It's been a problem for 8 years.

Any coach would know and do this: 1) put in a zone when getting beat in paint, 2) press when you can’t shoot to create easy baskets.

This is 7th grade level coaching. Ricky can’t coach, it’s that simple.

Will be interesting to see how we potentially bounce back against St. Louis on Sunday. They've got a real nice team. We lose that one and that's more problematic.

Top Bottom