Don’t Bid Adieu to Gophers Football Yet

station19

Reaction score
"North Dakota State plays Illinois State for the FCS national title on Saturday and Ohio State faces Oregon for the College Football Playoff National Championship next Monday but otherwise the 2014-2015 college season, including for the Gophers, is history. Here are one man’s random observations about the Big Ten and Minnesota.

Big Ten Power Poll ranking teams? Let’s go six-deep: Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska and Penn State. Power polls of teams are common but here’s a ranking in order of the conference’s best half-dozen coaches:"

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

I love how writers have to stir things up in these types of articles. Harbaugh will have to prove his worth like any new BT coach does before I would rank him that high.

Um, am I out of line?

Harbaugh has proven NOTHING at Michigan by simply being hired.

Shama, based on your ranking the Michigan administration may already owe Harbaugh a contract extension and raise for his stellar performance thus far.

Um, am I out of line?

Harbaugh has proven NOTHING at Michigan by simply being hired.

Shama, based on your ranking the Michigan administration may already owe Harbaugh a contract extension and raise for his stellar performance thus far.

True, he has proven nothing at Michigan, but based on his coaching history it would be foolish not to believe he won't be successful at Michigan.

He has won at U of San Diego, Stanford, and was quite successful in the NFL. His 44 wins were the 2nd most by a coach in their first 4 years in NFL history. Both Stanford and San Francisco were jokes before he got there.

True, he has proven nothing at Michigan, but based on his coaching history it would be foolish not to believe he won't be successful at Michigan.

He has won at U of San Diego, Stanford, and was quite successful in the NFL. His 44 wins were the 2nd most by a coach in their first 4 years in NFL history. Both Stanford and San Francisco were jokes before he got there.

Yeah, odds are that he will have some success....
But rankings should be performance based.
As this is a ranking of Big 10 coaches, it should be based on performance while coaching in the Big 10.

I just thought it was a stupid article due to the fact that Harbaugh was included in the ranking at all...

No biggie.

Exactly! Some people here also way underestimated Kill because they didn't believe is his track record meant anything in the Big Ten. Wrong! Both Kill and Harbaugh have proven themselves to be outstanding change agents who are driven to succeed. Some people may really not like Harbaugh but the fact is that he has proven himself to be a winner. Then add to that all Michigan's resources and football history and you're about as close as you can get to a guarantee that he will succeed at Michigan.

Yeah, odds are that he will have some success....
But rankings should be performance based.
As this is a ranking of Big 10 coaches, it should be based on performance while coaching in the Big 10.

I just thought it was a stupid article due to the fact that Harbaugh was included in the ranking at all...

No biggie.

Your logic seems pretty faulty to me. So if a Big Ten school hired Bill Belichick tomorrow, you'd rank him as the 14th-best Big Ten football coach?

Your logic seems pretty faulty to me. So if a Big Ten school hired Bill Belichick tomorrow, you'd rank him as the 14th-best Big Ten football coach?

If he believed "it should be based on performance while coaching in the Big 10", then apparently so.

I don't understand how people can read Shama's site, it's worse journalism than the Strib.

Top Bottom