doll vs. writer

koreangopher

Section 231, Row 5
Reaction score
Go to town...you have your own space.

Talk amongst yourselves.

well played KoreanGopher.

I'll even toss out a topic for them...

The peanut; is it a pea or a nut... discuss.

Rhode Island. Neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

Glen Mason

Niether a Glen or a Mason

I'm trying to calculate the number of braincells that die reading these posts.

Rhode Island. Neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

Interesting factoid: What we call Rhode Island is officially known as the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. The mainland area around Providence was a colony that had the latter name, while what is now known as Aquidneck Island used to be the colony of Rhode Island. For whatever reason, when the two colonies merged, the common parlance was Rhode Island, and the "Providence Plantations" part was forgotten. I only found all this out when I took a geography course in the process of getting my teacher's license, and I was utterly fascinated.

Many people, especially non-locals, still call Aquidneck Island "Rhode Island". So, technically, Rhode Island is an island. Just not the state of Rhode Island.

Niether a Glen or a Mason

I'm trying to calculate the number of braincells that die reading these posts.

Perhaps, pea and nuts have something to do with the brain?
Then again, I stayed at a Motel 6 last night... and I didn't leave my light on...:eek:

Interesting factoid: What we call Rhode Island is officially known as the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. The mainland area around Providence was a colony that had the latter name, while what is now known as Aquidneck Island used to be the colony of Rhode Island. For whatever reason, when the two colonies merged, the common parlance was Rhode Island, and the "Providence Plantations" part was forgotten. I only found all this out when I took a geography course in the process of getting my teacher's license, and I was utterly fascinated.

Many people, especially non-locals, still call Aquidneck Island "Rhode Island". So, technically, Rhode Island is an island. Just not the state of Rhode Island.

Thanks for ruining my day :rolleyes:

Top Bottom