Does Sid even know what bulletin board material is?

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
It's a quote(s) from a player or coach from the opposing team, not just a bunch a stats their beat writer put together....

I thought the same thing. Why would the Minnesota players get mad about something written in a paper that is factual? Or did Sid's mind go back to the 50's so he thinks the paper is fabricating some stats?

The sooner you guys just realize this guy is absolutely lost and out of it, the better. I can't believe there's anyone who still thinks what this guy says matters.

He claimed there was no way that Maturi would fire Brewster right on through the Saturday night before he did it. He claimed that Vikings trading for Randy Moss was not going to happen literally about 8 minutes before ESPN broke the story. He touted Jeff Horton as the replacement last Sunday morning. Sid is done. Don't pay him any attention other than to get a good giggle out of him.

He served his purpose. At one time, he was literally breaking more stories than any reporter in the country. Now, he can't even guess it right.

Sid probably thinks 'bulletin board material' is cork.

tjgopher is correct but I still say cut the guy some slack. He is what, 91 years old.

That does not excuse someone actually putting him on the air however. The blame lies with them.

I hope I'm still as active as he is at age 91.

Once his retires, I will give him infinite slack. Until then, I will treat him like anyone else.

I think when Sid has his inevitable stroke it may jar something loose and actually make him a better reporter. He'll also sound more like his favorite coach.

Leave Sid alone. When he passes on you will not believe how much of the sportsworld will pay tribute to him. We should all be so lucky to be 91 and still doing what we love.

You're right I'm sure I will be incredulous.

Leave Sid alone. When he passes on you will not believe how much of the sportsworld will pay tribute to him. We should all be so lucky to be 91 and still doing what we love.

If I'm doing what I love in the public eye when I'm 91 and totally incoherent, I hope someone I respect will love me enough to make me hang it up.

It's too bad no one in Sid's life cares enough about him to have that conversation with him.

If I'm doing what I love in the public eye when I'm 91 and totally incoherent, I hope someone I respect will love me enough to make me hang it up.
It's too bad no one in Sid's life cares enough about him to have that conversation with him.

Hang it up!

Sid is absolutely horrible. I cringe every time his name comes up on this board. Who cares what he says, writes or thinks? He is ALWAYS wrong, clueless and grammatically incorrect. If his columns were threads on this board, he'd have been banned long ago.

Top Bottom