Does a 14-loss Michigan St. team make the tournament?

playhosea!

Chad Kolander groupie
Reaction score
Unless the Spartans win the Big Ten tournament, they will end up with 14 losses. Their final record is likely to be something like 18-14. I don't follow this stuff nearly as closely as some others on here do. I see the latest Bracketology (from yesterday) has Michigan St. in as a 10 seed and not among the "last 4 in."

It seems crazy to me that a team with so many losses could make it, but maybe the bubble is just that weak. What do people think?

If we think that Tubby has lost his team, can Izzo be far behind? State seems like they aren't burning to succeed. Their tough pre-season has worn on them. That aside, Michigan State will get consideration for its legacy. But I'm going to say they're NIT bound.

quality wins

Quaility wins are Washington, Wisconsin and Illinois.

Can't count beating us a quality wins.

As Sunday has said, it is a weak bubble.

Quaility wins are Washington, Wisconsin and Illinois.

Can't count beating us a quality wins.

As Sunday has said, it is a weak bubble.

What if their quality wins were (#8) Purdue, (#8) north Carolina and west Virginia?

I don't see why their quality wins top ours? Both of us have similar records and similar bad losses,

What if their quality wins were (#8) Purdue, (#8) north Carolina and west Virginia?

I don't see why their quality wins top ours? Both of us have similar records and similar bad losses,

+1

Our wins vs. those teams have more merit if/when Al returns too.

I know that they say that past years have no influence on the current year, but if you don't think what Izzo has done in the NCAA's the last decade buys him some huge benefit of the doubt, you're crazy.

I know that they say that past years have no influence on the current year, but if you don't think what Izzo has done in the NCAA's the last decade buys him some huge benefit of the doubt, you're crazy.

I agree. Weird year for them considering many were picking them to contend for the NC.

Top Bottom