Do you wear a mask?

When you go out to places like the grocery store, do you wear a mask?

• Yes, I think it helps slow the spread

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Yes, I'm not sure how much it helps but it's no big deal to wear one

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • Yes, but only because I'm required to

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • No, I don't think it helps

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • No, It's my decision/I'm healthy so not at risk

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • No, They're uncomfortable/can't use them due to a health condition

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • No, it makes us look weak/I'm not going to live in fear

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Other, post below

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
A thread on being lost in the wilderness of bad and/or misleading statistics

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
A thread on being lost in the wilderness of bad and/or misleading statistics

Yet again, this was all known before COVID-19. You can cherry pick your way through either side of the argument to try and prove a point.

The fact remains that the negatives of masks, lockdowns, etc far outweigh the minimal positives, which is why they weren't supposed to be a part of the pandemic mitigation playbook based on more solid research over the last several decades.

Then we decided to throw all of that Science away in the name of politics in 2020, led by the 'party of Science'.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Yet again, this was all known before COVID-19. You can cherry pick your way through either side of the argument to try and prove a point.

The fact remains that the negatives of masks, lockdowns, etc far outweigh the minimal positives, which is why they weren't supposed to be a part of the pandemic mitigation playbook based on more solid research over the last several decades.

Then we decided to throw all of that Science away in the name of politics in 2020, led by the 'party of Science'.

Social media and the current political climate has amplified some voices and made others wary about criticism if they offer, er, more nuanced takes. Kudos to those brave enough to make waves.

I’ve said all along its plausible masks could perhaps reduce inoculation dose but that is strictly shooting from the hip without and solid evidence. Now 16 months on we still have no solid evidence, and experts still don’t mention true PPE, ie 95 or 100 level respirators, even to high risk immunocompromised/elderly, or equating knock off KN95 as equal to legitimate protection. That’s the real scandal.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Walz used Science. Data and Science. He told us so.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
At this time, I do not wear a mask, outside health clinic settings.

And I'm happy about that. I have zero worry about being infected, as I got the mRNA vaccine, and infection rates are low/vaccine rates are high in Minnesota.

I always hated the aspects of masks for how they take away from the social aspect of humanity. Seeing people's faces makes a big component of that.

But of course, if/when it's still required, I wear one with zero complaints.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
I'd still love to see non-cherry picked data showing that implementing a mask mandate immediately slows the spread.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I'd still love to see non-cherry picked data showing that implementing a mask mandate immediately slows the spread.
the cherry picked data will have to be well picked because the real data shows the opposite of slowing the spread.

But they are talking about adding masks just in time for the fall season? Hmm, i wonder what happens in the fall season?

This is all a sick joke

balds

Reaction score
the cherry picked data will have to be well picked because the real data shows the opposite of slowing the spread.

But they are talking about adding masks just in time for the fall season? Hmm, i wonder what happens in the fall season?

This is all a sick joke
Well, predictably the CDC has announced their "recommendation" for all students in K-12 to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status. Next step is distance learning. Was so hoping for a much needed normal school year for our kids, but that may never happen again during their K-12 experience.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Well, predictably the CDC has announced their "recommendation" for all students in K-12 to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status. Next step is distance learning. Was so hoping for a much needed normal school year for our kids, but that may never happen again during their K-12 experience.
Its criminal what they are doing to kids

bga1

Reaction score
The Teachers Unions are in full control of the country at this point, Sleepy Joe is beholden to them 100%
Yep. There are few groups that act as a herd like teachers. They know who is stepping out of line and they sanction them. You better be in the union and you better agree or shut up if you want to have any friends. I love teachers. I hate what has happened to that profession- as does my son, who is a teacher. As a group they are no longer about teaching kids as much as they are about what they have to do to take care of themselves. As individuals there are many fine teachers. Many. But the union knocks the stuffing out of them.

bga1

Reaction score
60% of those 12-18 and 100% of those 5-11 in MN are unvaccinated and have been in packed camps, sports and activities all summer. That's a lot of white supremacists.
That's why we need CRT to deprogram them from their supremacist parents..... :)

bga1

Reaction score
Unlike you I am able to be honest when I see stupidity on the right. If Pastor Locke is doing that- that's pure stupidity. Totally wrong. The church should accept all people- just not all behaviors. Masking may be stupid (it usually is) but it isn't sin. Let people choose.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Thank gawd Walz's emergency powers have been removed. School children would be wearing masks in a few weeks no doubt.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Thank gawd Walz's emergency powers have been removed. School children would be wearing masks in a few weeks no doubt.
Thats not true. I dont know the exact mechanism, but its about as easy as Walz eating an entire bucket of sweet marthas to get his emergency powers back

Top Bottom