Do you carry?

OldBob53

Reaction score
I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday with a pistol on his side. West Virginia, hell yes.

It got me thinking, Ive got a little ole 38 special I keep under my pillow to ward off bad dreams. But why not carry it? Open or concealed doesn't matter in West Virginia, god Bless.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday with a pistol on his side. West Virginia, hell yes.

It got me thinking, Ive got a little ole 38 special I keep under my pillow to ward off bad dreams. But why not carry it? Open or concealed doesn't matter in West Virginia, god Bless.
Nevada is an open carry state as well; must be able to be seen from 3 different sides I believe? I have a CCW but I almost never carry on my person. I usually have one within close proximity, either under the seat of the vehicle or in my backpack, or both. I know, I know, hard core carrying folks tell me it won't do me a damn bit of good under the seat or in my backpack. Oh well. I also never have one in the chamber, which also gives me a good reprimand from folks who carry often or all the time.

For the most part, I only got the CCW to speed up the process when I buy a shotgun for hunting or something, and it also saves me the $25 for the background check. I swear we're about the only state that has the balls to charge for the background check. I've bought guns in a few different states and NV is the only one that charges for the background. Annoying as hell.

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
We really needed a “good guy with a gun” in Texas today to prevent that school shooting. It’s so simple…everyone have a gun so we can shoot the shooter before the shooter become the shooter.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

Open or conceal carry is an entirely different question than merely carrying or not, maybe I should have clarified. I only addressed carrying or not. In all honesty, I think more people should open carry if they have any interest in doing so, at least where it's legal. I don't have an interest in open carrying and it's not an option in my workplace anyway. No decision to be made.

At the end of the day, it's your own call to make, Bob. I think the CCW class/program is good for just about anyone to attend, whether you ever have any intention of carrying a firearm or not; I certainly learned a lot about the basics of the laws, do's and don'ts of carrying, etc. It's only 8 hours but it has a ton of good, useful information that it would do well for most people to know. The more educated people are the better, for sure

Wally

Reaction score
My dad had his ccw and one day they had a fight in their restaurant, my mom told him after that she was happy he was carrying, he laughed and told her he quit carrying months ago.🤣

Top Bottom