Dish Adds Pac-12 Network BTN Is Still There

Iceland12

Reaction score
Early today Dish added the Pac-12 Network. It's on channel 413. Apparently DirectTV backed out. The BTN is still on 439; hope it stays there.

Pop your champagne corks, Pac-12 fans. We're going national today.

"DISH is delighted to offer our customers more than 800 sporting events available on Pac-12 Networks each year, while giving them a great value," said Dave Shull, DISH senior vice president of programming. "This is a great partnership with the Pac-12 that goes beyond the TV screen to the campuses in the form of an exclusive sponsorship to support the programs and the students."

It's all thanks to you guys. Without your impetus to act and demand the Pac-12 Networks on Dish, who knows if this happens as quickly as it does!

All six Pac-12 games will be available today if you have a Dish satellite and are signed up for the Multi-Sport Back; if you don't, you can find a sports bar that carries Dish under the Multi-Sport Pack, and you should be able to tune in to watch whatever Pac-12 game wherever you are. Oklahoma State fans have to be breathing a huge sigh of relief now, as they were in danger of being in the dark for tomorrow's contest.

After the jump, more of the details.

Once the DirecTV deal fell apart, it became clear that Dish was the only other avenue for the conference to reach national distribution in its first year. With Comcast dragging its heels and many other teleco/cable providers holding off, the deal with Dish became imperative to ensure almost everyone around the country would have a chance to watch the Network this season. It appears with this Dish agreement we will satisfy many of these concerns.

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/9/...standard-definition-channel-413-online-stream

If dish doesn't get BTN back by Gopher game time I am calling Direct TV, from that point on I could care less is they reach an agreement, I'm done with Dish. Direct TV has a great 2 year deal right now, I encourage all Gopher holers who have Dish to switch! Inexcusable during football season Dish!!!!!!!!!!

If dish doesn't get BTN back by Gopher game time I am calling Direct TV, from that point on I could care less is they reach an agreement, I'm done with Dish. Direct TV has a great 2 year deal right now, I encourage all Gopher holers who have Dish to switch! Inexcusable during football season Dish!!!!!!!!!!

That was a shortlived blackout. BTN back on Dish less than a hour after going off the air. No annoucnment by either side yet, but at least I can watch the game at my place.

That was a shortlived blackout. BTN back on Dish less than a hour after going off the air. No annoucnment by either side yet, but at least I can watch the game at my place.

I got an email announcing an agreement in principle.

Amazing what the pressure of missing MN-UNH can do! :cool:

Top Bottom