• Dinkytown

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Stadium Village

Votes: 38 77.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Goldmember

Reaction score
Where will the bars be better? I'm not orgainized enough to tailgate.:)

I figure the West Bank, while active, isn't in the same league anymore with the casualty of Grandma's.

While I think both will have their followings, Stadium Village wins hands down in my mind.

If Sturbs and Sally's both have beer gardens (which I have heard is the plan) you can add in Campus Pizza which now has a full bar, Big Ten Subs, and the other assorted restaurants and I think Stadium Village will be fantastic. There is also the small factor that Stadium Village has.... A Stadium!

If I had my way (which I don't) the U would close Washington Ave between Oak and Huron and make it a big block party. I know this will never happen because of traffic, Mpls city, etc. but it's fun to dream.

I'm personally a big fan of Big Ten and Campus Pizza.

When I'm in Dinkytown I head off to the Library. Great food! When the Gophers are in afternoon or evening games, you can head over to the Library before hand and take your pick and watch pretty much any college football game on one of their many large screen TVs.

I figure the West Bank, while active, isn't in the same league anymore with the casualty of Grandma's.

First of all - really? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Grandma's was maybe the 4th best bar on 7 Corners IMHO. Still, I think you're right that West Bank will become the third/fourth option for many of those seeking pre-game libations.

If it's a normal night out, my vote goes to Dinkytown without a doubt. When it comes to pre-gaming football next year, I think Stadium Village wins easily, for the reasons mentioned above. The only way I could see Dinkytown bringing it back to even is if Burrito Loco and The Library could somehow get 13th Ave closed down between 4th St and 5th St to hose a big block party. If this came to be, it would be a tough choice.

What about down on the river at Saint Anthony Main? Not a bad place to be either if you want some beer and little less crowd.

Town Hall is the best bar at 7 corners.

St. Anthony Main? Maybe if you in the initial stages of conquering agoraphobia.

What about down on the river at Saint Anthony Main? Not a bad place to be either if you want some beer and little less crowd.

boring.jpg

There is now officially a major shortage of bars on campus. I bet we see some new places pop up in the next 5 years.

There's a new little place in Stadium Village where Blockbuster used to be in the same strip mall as Burger King called "Panino's" or something like that. I haven't been in there, but its looks like a pretty cool little bar, for that last little beer stop on the way to the game. I have no knowledge what theyll be doing for games, but judging by the decor ( absolutely covered in UofM memorabilia), they will be looking to attract sports fans in there.

I would say the bars in Stadium Village would be better, but the atmosphere in Dinkytown will be great!

I heard that Stub and Herbs is going to be pouring tap beer straight out of a Surly truck kind of like how Gasthof's does Oktoberfest.

Dinkytown's bar scene will be a lot of fun but I don't think it will be as crazy as Stadium Village.

There's a new little place in Stadium Village where Blockbuster used to be in the same strip mall as Burger King called "Panino's" or something like that. I haven't been in there, but its looks like a pretty cool little bar, for that last little beer stop on the way to the game. I have no knowledge what theyll be doing for games, but judging by the decor ( absolutely covered in UofM memorabilia), they will be looking to attract sports fans in there.

I've eaten there several times, and I've never even bothered to look, but I'm fairly certain they don't have alcohol at the U Panino's. I know the one in North Oaks has beer, margaritas, etc., but I don't think the U one does. Maybe problems with getting a liquor license or something? Either way, the food is DAMN good!

I will for one, will be in such heaven, that I think I will try to hit up both areas, just to soak it all in. House Parties, the Library, Blarney, Sally's, Stub n Herbs, Big 10, then catch the band playing on the walk in.....man, it sounds awesome.

Town Hall is the best bar at 7 corners.

I think you meant to say, "Town Hall is the best BEER at 7 corners." I would agree with that, but for the bar environment, Prestons is my choice.

I heard that Stub and Herbs is going to be pouring tap beer straight out of a Surly truck kind of like how Gasthof's does Oktoberfest.

Dinkytown's bar scene will be a lot of fun but I don't think it will be as crazy as Stadium Village.

Awesome!

First of all - really? I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Grandma's was maybe the 4th best bar on 7 Corners IMHO. Still, I think you're right that West Bank will become the third/fourth option for many of those seeking pre-game libations.

I agree. Grandma's was a lost cause long before the closing. But you can tell it used to be the place to be in the 80's and early 90's. The building is huge.

I've eaten there several times, and I've never even bothered to look, but I'm fairly certain they don't have alcohol at the U Panino's. I know the one in North Oaks has beer, margaritas, etc., but I don't think the U one does. Maybe problems with getting a liquor license or something? Either way, the food is DAMN good!

i finally found something to agree with you about!! i think it really matters what type of crowd you are looking for. Older people will deff be in stadium, but i think the younger crowd will be in dinky town. I have high epectations for the atmospere in Dinkytown

I agree. Grandma's was a lost cause long before the closing. But you can tell it used to be the place to be in the 80's and early 90's. The building is huge.

Agree, as a 1989 grad, Grandma's was thee place in the old days.

Agree, as a 1989 grad, Grandma's was thee place in the old days.

Don't forget Bullwinkles. I missed alot of West Bank afternoon classes because of Bullwinkles.

I am trying to remember the name of the bar in Dinkytown that is now The Library. I spent many mights their but can't remember what it was called.

Don't forget Bullwinkles. I missed alot of West Bank afternoon classes because of Bullwinkles.

I am trying to remember the name of the bar in Dinkytown that is now The Library. I spent many mights their but can't remember what it was called.

BTW if you have not been to the new library, you are in for a treat. Probably one of the nicest bars in the metro, and a great place to watch football.

Lot 86

A few times it will be fun to hit the bars before the games though but I prefer to tailgate.

BTW if you have not been to the new library, you are in for a treat. Probably one of the nicest bars in the metro, and a great place to watch football.

I agree, The Library is great for watching sports. Some friends and I caught many hockey games there this winter, the upstairs is very nice.

The Library used to be Foul Play (or perhaps Fowl Play).

How about a pub crawl to the game. Map out a path which goes from bar to bar, leading up to the stadium.

Oh yea, Fowl Play, I forgot about that place. Speaking of 1980's bars, but was the name of that place on 4th St and 13th Ave (across the street from the Varsity)?

Top Bottom