Dinkytown Athletes vs. Gopher Athletics

gmans5

Reaction score
I could spend $110 for a yearly membership of Dinkytown Athletes or $100 to get loyalty benefits from the Gophers. What do people reccomend? I feel like the NIL money would go more to the players, but the benefits might be better by going thru the Gophers.

What are the loyalty benefits? I doubt either is really worth it. It's not like $110 is going to change the course of the Gopher recruiting.

My feelings are hurt by this. I thought for sure my $25 a month contribution was the main reason Taylor stayed.
Well it could be. About 300,000 fans attend Gopher football games each year.

About 25,000 season tickets sold each game - thats 175,000 of the 300,000.

Leaves 125,000 individual tickets for the year.

125,000 individual tickets + 25,000 season tickets = 150,000 individuals.

150,000 individuals give $25 a month for 12 months = $45,000,000 annually.

Wanna start planning the parade?

it's a little like campaign contributions. the majority of people who donate to a political candidate are making relatively small donations. but a few wealthy donors make big-money contributions to a campaign or to a PAC.

the same - I believe - is true with NIL. the majority of people who donate to Dinkytown Athletes are relatively small donors. (I gave $275 and will likely renew that for another year). there may be a few donors who give larger sums. But as far as I know, DA does not have a "Phil Knight" or "John Ruiz" type donor who gives 7-figure amounts.

Top Bottom