DiNardo on BTN Football Pregame

station19

Reaction score
Predicts Big Ten will go to a 10 game schedule. Not sure if he meant with 14 teams or if/when they go to 16 teams.

Cites the problem with 5/4 home and away games. Says administrators will be in favor....coaches will not.

We know 9 is a foregone conclusion so going to 10 makes sense as the conference keeps on growing. And yeah the coaches for the most part would hate it (we know how Kill would feel). As a fan I would love to see it because it means only 2 exhibition games a year which to me is plenty.

Horrible idea... but money has taken over sports so blah...

This will never happen in a millions years. The Coaches or the ADS will never go for this.

This will never happen in a millions years. The Coaches or the ADS will never go for this.

That same quote was probably used by many 15 to 20 years ago when the thought of 12, 14 or 16 team conferences was mentioned. The only constant is change. While coaches won't like it I think a 10 game conference schedule is the way to go. It will certainly improve your SOS which will be a factor when the final teams are chosen each year going forward.

Yeah what if I told you 10 years ago that Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland and Rutgers would all be in the same conference. College football is changing. Get ready for a 14 game regular season. More games = more sweet cash. And that is what this is about.

Its not a horrible idea with the new playoff coming. If the "big 4" are each having their champions go its not really going to matter if you have an extra loss to a quality conference opponent. Plus it cuts down on FCS scheduling and makes home schedules more appealing. I'm all for it.

Plus it would allow the B1G to not go more than a few years without playing everyone home and home, which is definitely good for consolidating the new members into the culture of the conference.

If there's a move to superconferences, I wonder if the NCAA will add a 13th game.

Coaches in the lower half of the conference would hate it because it would be tougher to pad the record. AD's would love it because it would mean an extra home conference game which would typically lead to bigger crowds and more tickets sold.

Top Bottom