Did we know about this concerning Phillips???

"Phillips and Wolfe were arrested after police allegedly found more than 30 grams of marijuana in a car with them..."

more than 30 grams??!!

In some states, such as Florida, 30+ grams is considered a felony. I don't know if that means Phillips is lucky? He definitely needs to get things back on track. He's got plenty of time, though.

I think that is the same amount Jamaal Berry (Ohio State freshman) had in Florida and it got downgraded to a misdemeanor. Not that that makes it ok, I'm just saying for clarification.

come on.....who didn't smoke at least a little weed in high school?!

doesn't sound like it was even that much and chances are he doesn't plan on doing it again after this incident.

anyways. i would venture 80% of kids these days have at least experimented with a little herb from time to time. i don't even personally consider weed to be a REAL drug. perhaps a "gateway" drug, but not a REAL drug. ;)

Weed will be legal in the next 20 years in America.

Phillips is just ahead of the curve. He will fit in fine with the majority of the U student population.

I'm a casual pot smoker, and don't see smoking pot itself as a hindrance to this kid's future success as an athlete or man. However, the trouble pot can get you in being an illegal drug can certainly pose a problem. 30 grams is more than double the amount I've ever had on me at one time, and usually signifies that he is at least selling to his friends. As a gopher fan, I hope this is either a case of him hanging out with the wrong guy at the wrong time, or at least a wake-up call that get's him to be more careful.

I'm a casual pot smoker, and don't see smoking pot itself as a hindrance to this kid's future success as an athlete or man. However, the trouble pot can get you in being an illegal drug can certainly pose a problem. 30 grams is more than double the amount I've ever had on me at one time, and usually signifies that he is at least selling to his friends. As a gopher fan, I hope this is either a case of him hanging out with the wrong guy at the wrong time, or at least a wake-up call that get's him to be more careful.

didn't say anywhere that the actual week belonged to philips. there was another guy with him in the car. could have belonged to that guy for all we know.

Saying weed is a gateway drug is like saying milk is a gateway drug to bourbon.

MN 152.01 Definitions

MN 152.027 Other Controlled Substance Offenses

In Minnesota, a small amount of marijuana equals 42.5 g. Possession of that amount or less is a petty misdemeanor. Possession of more than 1.4 g of marijuana in a motor vehicle by either the owner or driver of the vehicle is a misdemeanor. Can't be tagged with intent to sell or anything of the like. Not acceptable, but this story is easily blown out of proportion.

Weed!

I hoped they cleaned the seeds out of the bag so it does not weigh as much!!
HA!:cool02:

Top Bottom