Did the team fly out this afternoon?

husker70

Reaction score
That use to be standard. But recently, some teams are flying out the morning of the game. What's happening? And was this published somewhere? It would have been great to know it in advance, and have a crowd there to send them off.

I would think if you had the choice between flying out Friday night or Saturday morning as a coach you would take Friday afternoon everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's. I wouldn't think there would be that much difference in cost. It would give your team a chance to get settled and get a good nights sleep. There are so many advantages to arrive the day before.

Teams are flying the morning of road games that start at noon local time?

Teams are flying the morning of road games that start at noon local time?

Yea, that seems wrong on some many levels. What if your plane has engine problems, etc? Plus, that means your guys are getting up at like 5am.

I call shenanigans until I see a link to a story where a team actually does this. :)

I did work the flight.

Players boarded the aft of the plane, everybody else in the front. Left at 1045am out of gate G8 on a Delta 757 (5600). Flight number 9973. Everybody had grilled chicken, bacon, swiss sandwiches. Met the coaching staff. Very friendly. I got the call to come in earlier cause they changed the departure time a few days ago. Bumped up the departure time a little earlier. Flight attendants were wearing Gopher polos and I had my Gopher football shirt on while working the flight. Gotta represent!

Ok the next question

What time will they be returning? I assume Saturday evening.

we will try to leave 30-45 minutes after the game

the chicken sandwiches sucked by the way. thank god there were at least some chips and apples to snack on.

Holiday Inn Liverpool ain't too bad though. Lee Campbell is kind of a schmoozer.

Any other info needed?

Top Bottom