Did Rutgers coach Chris Ash address Minnesota controversy before hiring Kill?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NJ.com:

In the midst of his 1,386-word bio on the official University of Minnesota athletics website is a paragraph signifying Jerry Kill's commitment his players' off-field behavior.

"Kill's rebuilding of the Minnesota program is also taking place in the classroom,'' the bio reads. "The Gophers recorded a 994 Academic Progress Rate (APR) for the 2013-14 season as well as the the 2012-13 and 2011-12 seasons. The 994 score is the highest single-season score that the Minnesota football team has ever recorded and the Gophers' multi-year rate of 975 is also a school record.''

A simple Google search on Rutgers' new offensive coordinator reveals several stories about how the former Gophers head coach did it the right way.

But in a week when the college football world was gearing up for bowl action, the biggest news was made by Kill's former Minnesota program.

And it's hard to ignore the fact that six of the 10 Minnesota players suspended for their alleged involvement in sexual assaults earlier this month were Kill's hand-picked recruits.

"In the time I was at Minnesota, we didn't have a lot of problems, very few problems,'' Kill said Monday after being introduced as Rutgers' offensive coordinator. "I run a hard-nosed program, a very disciplined program, and you can call up anybody there and they'll tell you that. As far the situation (at Minnesota), to be honest with you, I've been involved in what I'm doing here at (Kansas) State. I've had contact with the head football coach because I know (head coach) Tracy (Claeys).

"I think it's a very sad situation. Nobody wins in those kinds of situations, but I'm not there on an every-day basis, so I don't know all of the details. I just know it's sad. I hope it gets straightened out.''

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...s_coach_chris_ash_address_minnesota_cont.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom