Did anyone go the open practice this weekend?

Or was timing so bad that no one made it?

Thanks to plenty of notice and the wonderful timing I did make it. There were a few interesting things I saw, but they'd be boring to most people. Nothing earth-shattering. I'd guess maybe 70 people were in attendance, but sometimes I struggle with numbers.

Welch was moving well, but looked just a bit bothered by the sore wheel at times. Hopefully he'll be able to make an appearance tomorrow night and be near 95% or better for Friday.

With Oto growing his hair out, he now bears an uncanny resemblance to Beavis.

I also attended. The team ran mostly drills and there was very little scrimaging. It was good to see Welch in action. He will certainly contribute. Tubby did a lot of teaching during the sessioin. There was a fair amount of work on free throws which was good to see. The newer group is still picking up the offense and defensive strategies, but they all seem very attentive and are working hard. The first group is still ahead of the second group, but I think a lot of it is related to the understanind of the offensive and defensive patterns.

I went to practice on Saturday. Andre Hollins continues to look good. He has a great three point shot and jumper. Welch is solid but not quick like Nolen. Ralph was aggressive in practice. Otto looks like he can help as does Joe Coleman. Austin Hollins has improved since last year. He looks more confident and is shooting the ball differently and better. Eliason is a project but is tall and can shoot free throws. Williams has changed his shot and is shooting his free throws much better. Mbakwe can now hit the 15 foot jumper from the elbow. Havorson and Shell didn't get much time in 5 on 5 half court scrimmaging.Not much change in Ahanmisi and Armelin. I suspect they won't play much this year.

I went to practice on Saturday. Andre Hollins continues to look good. He has a great three point shot and jumper. Welch is solid but not quick like Nolen. Ralph was aggressive in practice. Otto looks like he can help as does Joe Coleman. Austin Hollins has improved since last year. He looks more confident and is shooting the ball differently and better. Eliason is a project but is tall and can shoot free throws. Williams has changed his shot and is shooting his free throws much better. Mbakwe can now hit the 15 foot jumper from the elbow. Havorson and Shell didn't get much time in 5 on 5 half court scrimmaging.Not much change in Ahanmisi and Armelin. I suspect they won't play much this year.

Could Welsh not be quick because of bum ankle?

With EE being a project and Mo not healthy we are very think in the post. I think we will miss Colt this year.

If Chip and Mav play seldom, that would be a good thing.

Top Bottom