De'Vondre Campbell is NFL First Team All-Pro!

Ok, Karl Mecklenburg was AP first team All-Pro in 1989. Has it really been 32 years between Gophers making that team? Tyrone Carter didn't. I honestly can't think of anyone in that period who would have.
This is confirmed, it’s been since ‘89 since a Gopher has been first team AP All-Pro, and only the 4th in the last 40 years (Mecklenburg plus Keith Fahnhorst in 1984 and Rick Upchurch in 1982).

His pick six at Ann Arbor will forever stand out for me. It sent droves of entitled Michigan fans streaming for the exits. Delightful to see their sad faces. Brady Hoke's days were clearly numbered.
s
That's my most memorable Campbell play. The Gophers were up 13-7 at that point and Michigan was on a drive to respond to Minnesota's field goal.

That play extended the lead to 20-7. I wasn't calling it a sure thing, there's a history of Michigan comebacks, but that moment had me really feeling good about getting the Jug back.

Packers LB De'Vondre Campbell has been named AP first team NFL All-Pro! I don't have the time to look it up, but when was the last time a Gopher earned that honor?

Congratulations, De'Vondre! Row the Boat, SkiUMah, Go Gophers! (and Go Pack Go).
His hair is first team all pro as well.

Congratulations De’Vondre!! Hope you get PAID to keep balling anywhere other than Green Bay next year! 😉

Last edited:

That's my most memorable Campbell play. The Gophers were up 13-7 at that point and Michigan was on a drive to respond to Minnesota's field goal.

That play extended the lead to 20-7. I wasn't calling it a sure thing, there's a history of Michigan comebacks, but that moment had me really feeling good about getting the Jug back.
The Gophers beat the daylights out of that left-handed Morris kid. Hoke should have yanked him much earlier. When it got to 30-7, Gardner came in with about 10 minutes left and they got an annoying cosmetic touchdown. If Gardner had come in earlier, I would have been concerned.

Top Bottom