Detroit Free Press: WMU's Taylor Moton: I'm rooting for P.J. Fleck at Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Detroit Free Press:

Taylor Moton understands why P.J. Fleck left for Minnesota, even after agreeing to a six-year contract extension to remain the football coach at Western Michigan.

And to everyone bitter about Fleck's departure -- and the fact that he took a handful of Western's top recruits with him -- Moton, a first-team All-Mid-American Conference offensive lineman at WMU, said it's time to accept it.

"It kind of bugs me when people around Western, they’re, like, not appreciative of what he’s been able to help us (build)," Moton said at the Senior Bowl this week. "Instead, they’re just mad because they thought he wasn’t going to go. I mean, it’s his dream to be a Big Ten coach. I understand that completely. I love him and I think he’ll do really well."

As for Fleck, Moton said he's "very happy" that his old coach landed in Minnesota.

"I wish him the best," Moton said. "I’ll definitely be a Golden Gopher fan now. I’ll be checking in on him and his staff. My offensive line coach is there, too, so I definitely wish them all the best."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/01/25/pj-fleck-western-michigan-minnesota/97031054/

Go Gophers!!

"even after agreeing to a six-year contract extension"

Well he agreed to terms I think, didn't sign...

per the Detroit Free Press:

Taylor Moton understands why P.J. Fleck left for Minnesota, even after agreeing to a six-year contract extension to remain the football coach at Western Michigan.

And to everyone bitter about Fleck's departure -- and the fact that he took a handful of Western's top recruits with him -- Moton, a first-team All-Mid-American Conference offensive lineman at WMU, said it's time to accept it.

"It kind of bugs me when people around Western, they’re, like, not appreciative of what he’s been able to help us (build)," Moton said at the Senior Bowl this week. "Instead, they’re just mad because they thought he wasn’t going to go. I mean, it’s his dream to be a Big Ten coach. I understand that completely. I love him and I think he’ll do really well."

As for Fleck, Moton said he's "very happy" that his old coach landed in Minnesota.

"I wish him the best," Moton said. "I’ll definitely be a Golden Gopher fan now. I’ll be checking in on him and his staff. My offensive line coach is there, too, so I definitely wish them all the best."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/01/25/pj-fleck-western-michigan-minnesota/97031054/

Go Gophers!!

Classy kid, I imagine it's really hard.

Top Bottom