Det. Free Press: Michigan football program broke rules, players say

Just another reason to dislike Michigan and Rich Rod...he is such a slime ball.

Stunning

This news is absolutely stunning. I could never in a million years believe that Rodriguez would ignore NCAA rules.

More than likely this happens at other schools. Who knows for sure though. But the biggest issue with this IMO is that the players came out and said this. Obviously there are problems between the players and coaches. If there wasn't, this doesn't go public in my opinion.

We in Minny know better than anyone (1994-1997 Mens BB) that its not about who cheats but who gets caught. I don't think it'd be a stretch to assume that 50+% of programs have some level of academic misconduct going on, to some degree. When Minnesota got drug down for academic fraud, it did not mushroom throught the NCAA. I don't expect this to either. Its too bad Mr. Schembeckler is not still around, he would not stand for this stain on Wolverine FB.

This news is absolutely stunning. I could never in a million years believe that Rodriguez would ignore NCAA rules.

Absolutely stunning that you would come on here, again, with your anti-Rodriguez bias (which has no basis in fact), and crucify him for something that's a widespread problem.

Of course you have already convicted him - despite the fact that this is currently nothing more than rumors and innuendo on the basis of interviews with a few players.

Did you ever give any consideration to the possibility that these may be Carr recruits who see themselves being marginalized by the new staff and would love nothing more than to stick it to the new regime and get them fired? Obviously, these players aren't major contributors (or, at least, soon won't be), because the coaches will find out, one way or another, who did the snitching and those players are done at Michigan.

Go ahead and hate Rodriguez - that's your prerogative. But to continue to insist that he is some sort of monster and is somehow worse than any other coach is absurd and ridiculous.

Michigan

Does anyone know what kind of a penalty Michigan may get out of this thing?
I have never even heard of this kind of accusation before, because nobody (even the NCAA) really cared to look into it.

Does anyone know what kind of a penalty Michigan may get out of this thing?
I have never even heard of this kind of accusation before, because nobody (even the NCAA) really cared to look into it.

The program would have to have found to have violated the rules first and thus far multiple athletic department officials as well as Rodriguez state they will investigate but do not believe any rules were broken so it is definitely to early to convict them especially when those in the know state that they believe no rules were broken and publicly state this.

The NCAA, in its form of punishment

Will neither punish Coach Rodriguez, or any coaches. The penalty will be a loss of scholarships say 5 for 5 years. That will only punish the current players and potential Michigan recruits.

The opener against Western Michigan is a huge game for them. If they lose, Coach Rodriguez is gone.

Will neither punish Coach Rodriguez, or any coaches. The penalty will be a loss of scholarships say 5 for 5 years. That will only punish the current players and potential Michigan recruits.

Explain to me how that does not punish the coaches. Oh, that's right - because you're presuming he will be fired before the end of September.

The opener against Western Michigan is a huge game for them. If they lose, Coach Rodriguez is gone.

Wanna bet?

Explain to me how that does not punish the coaches. Oh, that's right - because you're presuming he will be fired before the end of September.

Wanna bet?

I agree, there is no way that Rich Rod gets fired after one game into the season, he is starting to bring in some really good recruits to run his offense which is totally different than what Lloyd Carr was running.

The program would have to have found to have violated the rules first and thus far multiple athletic department officials as well as Rodriguez state they will investigate but do not believe any rules were broken so it is definitely to early to convict them especially when those in the know state that they believe no rules were broken and publicly state this.

My god. Learn how to use some punctuation.

Top Bottom