Depth Chart and Injury Report for Week 1 released

How's the recovery of Jamel Harbison coming? Haven't heard too much about him lately.

I am certainly surprised to see Logan Hutton make the two deep ahead of Harbison, Eric Carter, etc. Hopefully it's a good sign that none of the freshman are listed in the 2 deep (save Santoso at K).

I am certainly surprised to see Logan Hutton make the two deep ahead of Harbison, Eric Carter, etc.
Could have to do with how the positions are labeled. Of all the positions, wide receiver is least important as far as depth charts go because different sets often mean different personnel.

How's the recovery of Jamel Harbison coming? Haven't heard too much about him lately.

Good Question. I figured he was behind KJ in the slot, but it makes you wonder if there is more to him not being listed than position labels??

Not happy with the punt returners, if you can't catch a pass, you should not be returning punts.

Not happy with the punt returners, if you can't catch a pass, you should not be returning punts.
Devin-Hester-Featured.jpg

Awful wide receiver. He's hardly the exception.

Antonio Johnson returning kick-offs is a surprise. Didn't know he was being groomed for it...

It looks like we have some of the best depth on defense that we've had in a while. The wide receivers and passing game will likely be the key to the season. WR is really thin w/o DCT and McDonald. We need a few of the freshman to step up, which usually isn't an encouraging sign.

If Olson starts at LT the entire OL would be over 300lbs.:pig:

Shows how young we are, especially on offense.

I see a lot of JR on that roster. May be light on Seniors but there are a number of guys that have been with Kill from day one so while we are certainly not senior dominated there is quite a bit of experience on the offensive side of the ball and I don't think the young excuse is going to fly nearly as much as it did the past few years.

4 possibly 5 starters from Wisconsin. Love it when I see Wisconsin kids going to the U. :D

The passing game should be much improved with one QB this year and not 3...... Also the line gave the QB's no time to throw. The WR did fine and were wide open many plays. Remember the UNLV game last year -- We had over 10 poor throws with wide open receivers.

I see a lot of JR on that roster. May be light on Seniors but there are a number of guys that have been with Kill from day one so while we are certainly not senior dominated there is quite a bit of experience on the offensive side of the ball and I don't think the young excuse is going to fly nearly as much as it did the past few years.

Seriously, why do you keep on bringing this up? Whether you like it or not it is a reality that this team is young. Not as young as last year but still young. If you don't believe it check out how many seniors are starting for Ohio State and Michigan. If this bugs you then stop talking about it.

Seriously, why do you keep on bringing this up? Whether you like it or not it is a reality that this team is young. Not as young as last year but still young. If you don't believe it check out how many seniors are starting for Ohio State and Michigan. If this bugs you then stop talking about it.

+1
He never misses a chance does he?

I hope Logan Hutton can contribute. Good kid who came here as a bit of a legacy (and as a result has probably been overlooked a bit by fans).

There sure are a lot more native MN's on the offensive 2-deeps than on the defensive side. I am sure this is due to multiple factors. Just thought it was interesting.

First off I was responding to someone else's comment, and where in there did I say we should be competing with Ohio State and Michigan? My point was that while we are light in seniors there are quite a few Juniors on the roster and a bunch of guys entering their 3rd and 4th seasons of college football. So while we do have plenty of youth on the roster in key positions, the young thing is less of a crutch to lean on then it has justifiably been in previous seasons. Limegrover said essentially the same thing in one of his interviews during fall camp.

Top Bottom