Denny Laine Dies at 79

Iceland12

Reaction score
Denny Laine, co-founder of The Moody Blues and Wings, died today at 79 after a short battle with Interstitial lung disease.

Denny Laine, co-founder of The Moody Blues and Wings, died today at 79 after a short battle with Interstitial lung disease.

He's had a rough go of it it lately. RIP to a great one.

My brother was a big Moody Blues fans, so I used to listen to them a lot. and I really liked a lot of the early Wings stuff.

actually, I thought that "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" was a Wings song, but that was from a Solo McCartney album.

there was a lot of debate over Wings at the time, with a lot of people comparing Wings unfavorably to the Beatles. but how does anything compare favorably to the Beatles? and of course McCartney wrote "Silly Love Songs" as a response to critics, including John Lennon, who said McCartney's music was too light-weight.

My brother was a big Moody Blues fans, so I used to listen to them a lot. and I really liked a lot of the early Wings stuff.

actually, I thought that "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" was a Wings song, but that was from a Solo McCartney album.

there was a lot of debate over Wings at the time, with a lot of people comparing Wings unfavorably to the Beatles. but how does anything compare favorably to the Beatles? and of course McCartney wrote "Silly Love Songs" as a response to critics, including John Lennon, who said McCartney's music was too light-weight.
Laine part of Wings for Band on the Run, which I think unquestionably is McCartneys best album post-Beatles. The title track is my favorite McCartney song of all time (including the stuff with Lennon).

Top Bottom