Demar Dorsey not admitted to Michigan

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
Did anybody else see the note in the print editio of the STrib today about Michigan's big-time safety recruit Demar Dorsey (four star with offers from pretty much everywhere)? He won't be admitted to school.

I wonder if any of the other schools that offered him (Florida, Florida State, etc, etc.) will admit him.

I wonder if any of the other schools that offered him (Florida, Florida State, etc, etc.) will admit him.

In a heartbeat. He was eligible per NCAA requirements but the it sounds like the admissions dept decided not to let him in for other reasons (his past legal troubles is of course the suspicion). RichRod is apparently pretty PO'd.

In a heartbeat. He was eligible per NCAA requirements but the it sounds like the admissions dept decided not to let him in for other reasons (his past legal troubles is of course the suspicion). RichRod is apparently pretty PO'd.

Pissed that his past legal troubles were discovered?

Pissed that his past legal troubles were discovered?

Well, considering he was never convicted of anything then yea, I can see him being PO'd. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he isn't playing for Michigan b/c he would have made them better. But I don't blame RichRod for being mad. The school let the kid sign a LOI and then decided AFTER he qualified academically that they wouldn't let him in. Not the kind of support a coach is looking for.

I've always had a ton of respect for Mich, and this kind of stuff is exactly why.

Gotcha; I wasn't aware that he had any (the blurb in the Strib didn't mention any).

Well, considering he was never convicted of anything then yea, I can see him being PO'd. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he isn't playing for Michigan b/c he would have made them better. But I don't blame RichRod for being mad. The school let the kid sign a LOI and then decided AFTER he qualified academically that they wouldn't let him in. Not the kind of support a coach is looking for.

This exact thing happened to a player at South Carolina a year or 2 ago. Spurrier was likewise pissed. It probably happens at quite a few places.

Top Bottom